Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • How happy are you with your sandwiches?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I had a cheese and pickle and a honey roasted ham. Both on a malted bap.

7/10

Banana was a bit bruised and there was an unnecessary amount of “banana string” adhered to the shaft.

3/10

Sandwiches have a higher weighting than fruit, so the overall score would be about 6/10.

z1ppy

I got my g/f’s sandwich, and she ate mine before telling me.
    Mayonnaise is no alternative to pickle on a cheese sandwich if you ask me 3/10.
    Still ate it though

emsz
    Free Member

I had a cheese and (home made) chutney on homemade bread. The cheese was a bit on the hard side, so was the bread. 4/10

muller rice (sooooo bored of them now) 0/10

poor lunch if I’m honest

sharkbait
    Free Member

Since starting on the iDave ‘lifestyle’ I’ve been very dissatisfied with my sandwiches as they’re invisible and taste of nothing
    😥

organic355
    Free Member

poached chicken, crispy salad, cherry tomatoes, tescos finest balsamic and some humous. Deelicious and healthy. 8.5/10

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mayonnaise is no alternative to pickle on a cheese sandwich if you ask me.

From memory (1 week!) you need both on the sandwich to achieve happiness – but this is why I’m now iDaving!

RealMan
    Free Member

Been going with wholemeal bread, spicy cheese, chorizo slices, salad, fried egg, and mayonnaise sandwiches as a standard for a while now. They’re good, but starting to crave something a bit different.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“poached chicken”

picturing you driving around a farm yard late at night in a suzuki samurai with a lamping light shooting chickens being chased by an angry farmer on his quad bike ….. 🙂

tops5
    Free Member

Super noodles to go (chow mein flavour)- a generous 1/10

z1ppy

Pickle next to the cheese and Heinz salad cream next to the salad (which is what I was supposed to have!), to be perfect in my book. Mayo is ok, but Heinz SC is the way forward

binners

Sandwiches? I went to my LBS at lunchtime for some odds and sods. Its next door to Greggs

As lunchtimes go, it takes some beating. Bikes AND pasties. So, for me its a 9. Maybe a 9.5 as the cheese and onion pasties were fresh out of the oven. Hotter than the surface of the sun, they were 😀

titusrider
    Free Member

M&S tuna and sweetcorn
    acompanied by some ‘healthy’ crips, an apple and some natural yoghurt with oats

very happy with the whole ensemble, esp the yoghurt 8.5/10

chakaping
    Free Member

M&S haddock fillet dusted with flour and seeds – baked – in a sandwich with tommy K, salt and malt vinegar.

9/10 – very happy

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Beetroot, salad and mayo in pitta bread, which I was quite happy with til colleague walked in with beef bourguignon 😡

higthepig
    Free Member

Cheese and salad on white bread with a bit of mayo and Coleman’s English Mustard to spice it up a little. No pickle on mine thank you very much, spoils things.
    8/10

ton

mixed beans, diced carrot, onion, tin of tuna, lemon juice.
    8/10 on the health front 0/10 on the satisfaction.

but on a brighter note, just had a jar on mussels…..just hope they are allowed on my new regime.

nedrapier

I was REALLY hungry, so I got myself a chicken Tikka Masala from the hot food counter at Sainsbo’s. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even nicer than I expected, and I’ve had it before. So for delivery against expectations, I’d have to give it 10/10.

And a kit kat for afters. 9/10, cos I liked it, but didn’t really need it. Now a bit full.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m eating jerk chicken, rice and pea and a rather nice salad.

From Jamie’s meals in 3 hours… it’s rather awesome.

10/10

colournoise

No sandwich today.

Dirty food guilty pleasure – Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle.

10/10 for taste. 2/10 if I’m generous for nutrition.

slainte 😳 rob

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Mackerel in tomato sauce and Rivita, not bad actually and get to sniff my own fingers all afternoon, so 6/10.

Harry_the_Spider

not bad actually and get to sniff my own fingers all afternoon

School disco flashback?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

What’s a slainte?

ton

a slainte is a cheers.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Ham salad sarnies with mustard with grapes, yellow plums and rhubarb yoghurt on the side. Average 6/10 but relatively healthy.

D0NK

ah now we’re talking, I am normally very happy with my sandwiches being something of a connysewer in the breaded snackery department. Sandwiches are not something to be made and packaged in the morning, squashed into your bag and then crammed into the shared use fridge at work or (shudders) sat next to your PC til lunch time. Buff butties should be made and eaten within 20mins or you risk salad induced sogging of the bread. Well prepared sarnies can use the primary filling of choice and the lettuce to buffer tomatoes and cucumber keeping your lunchbox in reasonable condition but this is still a risk I’d rather not run. Take bread, filling, salad and any spreads pickles condiments etc and prepare on site, only way to be sure.

But I had the remnants of yesterdays roast for lunch today (7/10 not 100% on roasties done in lard, top class gravy tho and sweet potato mash was a nice change)

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://thebutty.wordpress.com
    my mates blog ….just to whet your appetite

Klunk
    Free Member

beef casserole and mash for moi 10/10

derek_starship
    Free Member

Banana was a bit bruised and there was an unnecessary amount of “banana string” adhered to the shaft

Those banana strings are called phloem bundles.

I had a can of Heinz Big Soup – lamb & vegetable which was pepped up with some garlic peri-peri sauce and black pepper. Very nice considering it is the food of commoners and hoboes. A nice seeded roll for dippage and added filluponesbellyability.

kimbers

no bread left this morning so my planned chorizzo, cheddar, mustard and salad special had to be put on hold

so extra unhealthy work canteen BLT baguette swimming in mayo

5/10

D0NK

my mates blog

showy to my mind. Can’t fault the guy tho, makes my offerings look a little drab compared. Tho I note he suffers the same affliction as my mrs, complete inability to spread into the corners of bread.

trail_rat
    Free Member

haha he is a designer to trade so thats his “showy” side taken care of

why spread to the corners ? my mrs spends ages doing that – usually by the time she is finished messing about ive eaten my sarnie.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

trail rat, you git! Ok, so i shouldnt have clicked on that link! Sarnie heaven thats is, . . . given up bread/pasta/rice/spuds for the forseeable…was doing alright until then! 😐

atlaz
    Free Member

Got to say, one thing our transatlantic cousins do well is sandwiches. Sone of my favourite lunches have been sandwiches in the US (reubens is a perennial favourite)

D0NK

why spread to the corners

burn the heretic!

mogrim

Damn you, trail_rat. That link… grrr.

Still, not complaining about my “cocido”, leftover from yesterday. Spanish chickpea stew, a typical Madrid speciality. 8.5/10.

JonBoy
    Free Member

Cheese and coleslaw on white bread. No butter.
    Pack of wotsits
    banana
    apple
    Asda own fruit corner.

Would have been about a 6.5 but found i had got copper grease on the bottom. That stuff is hard to get of your teeth.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

homemade roast chicken soup, with leeks and a generous grind of fresh cracked black pepper, yes I keep a pepper grinder in my bottom drawer at work along with some other much needed condiments and treats

Junkyard
    Free Member

Take bread, filling, salad and any spreads pickles condiments etc and prepare on site, only way to be sure.

THIS

6/10 for humous on pitta with salad.
    Brought down by total inability to remember to pack a pudding course

My mate used to do that but the ground pepper was hash..one day someone borrowed it 😯

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Rustler’s Microwave Burger Here 100/10! 😆

D0NK

Rustler’s Microwave Burger Here 100/10!

burn the heretic!
    someone just put him out of his misery – please.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘How happy are you with your sandwiches?’ is closed to new replies.