• This topic has 1,253 replies, 177 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Earl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1,241 through 1,254 (of 1,254 total)
  • How do you decide which crypto currency to buy?
  • the-muffin-man

I missed the Bitcoin boat – most of my meagre amount is in Etherium and Cardano. Still tots up to £2k though, that’s just with dropping beer money in every month.

Even Shiba Inu is up 272% in a month – I’ve got 1.7m of those and they’re worth £53 in total. 🤣 If they ever hit £1 each, well!…

andykirk
    Free Member

I would argue against the fact you have missed the boat with Bitcoin…..   We will see.

the-muffin-man

It’s at the highest it’s been – how much further do you think it can it go?

In my uneducated ‘take a punt’ opinion I think Etherium and Cardano have bigger potential long term gains. 🙂

I’m talking 5+ years – I’m not a trader. I just keep adding to my holding.

stumpy01

the-muffin-man

In my uneducated ‘take a punt’ opinion I think Etherium and Cardano have bigger potential long term gains

Yeah, same here really.
    I’ve got some Bitcoin, a bit of Ethereum and then Cardano and XRP. I also bought a small amount of Chainlink & Solana.
    I’ve not regularly purchased any for a while, but if Cardano & XRP take off it will be a good result.

I bought it all on a ‘take a punt’ strategy & happy to just keep it for the next 10 years or whatever. If it goes to zero, then I’ll grumble a bit & forget about it. If it really takes off, I’ll pay my mortgage off early & go on a cruise somewhere nice.

doris5000

Even Shiba Inu is up 272% in a month – I’ve got 1.7m of those and they’re worth £53 in total. 🤣 If they ever hit £1 each, well!…

If Shiba Inu reaches £1, the value of the coins in circulation will be about 800% of the entire current global GDP.

So good luck with that one…

oceanskipper

My Helium miner is all of a sudden turning a profit..

Also MTL seems to be having a bit of a run… not swapped any of my HNT/SOL for them but maybe I should have…

the-muffin-man

So good luck with that one…

…I’ve reserved my Bentley! 🙂

andykirk
    Free Member

Re. Bitcoin, there are a lot of positive things going on at the moment, the approaching halving, huge Bitcoin ETF inflows, more ETFs appearing all round the world etc etc.  All of this is extremely bullish, although it could of course all go t*ts up tomorrow.

HobNob
    Free Member

In my uneducated ‘take a punt’ opinion I think Etherium and Cardano have bigger potential long term gains. 🙂

I’m talking 5+ years – I’m not a trader. I just keep adding to my holding.

I’ve commented before about Bitcoin (and a few others) & my strategy being nothing but gut feels over the years, but I’ve been fortunate enough to do very well out of it.

I went in the last time at ~15k which was about 18 months ago & saw not a lot of action for a long time, but dumped it yesterday for a big payout.

If it tanks & drops to 20k again or less, I’ll have another go, but with little more than that to go on my original ‘take a punt’ £1000 investment has grown to nearly £90k over the years.

Earl
    Free Member

Is there any way to get exposure to bitcoin inside an ISA at the moment?  Besides MSTR?

andrewh
    Free Member

Not that I’m aware of, last time I looked crypto was excluded from ISAs (and SIPPS)

Whether you can have a crypto ETF in an ISA I don’t know. CGT is changing so a way of doing it tax free now would be more helpful

Earl
    Free Member

I can’t seam to find any of the US BTC ETF’s on AJBell.

Guess I’ll stay poor for now.

shinton
    Free Member

BTC ETFs are not available in the UK. Microstrategy (MSTR) are a US software company with a Ex-CEO now President who is a BTC evangelist – “MicroStrategy now holds approximately 214,246 BTC (worth $13.5 billion at current prices), which is more than 1% of all the 21 million bitcoin that will ever exist. It has paid approximately $7.53 billion for its BTC stash, an average of $35,160 per coin, according to the filing.”

So I imagine MSTR stock is closely pegged to BTC but ICBA to check so maybe buy MSTR?

Earl
    Free Member

MSTR is a scary one. They have rocked over the last 18 months. BTC has 5x, MSTR has 10x.

(According to a YouTube video) the value of their BTC holdings is around 50% of their total market cap. The premium seams to be MSTR can do all sorts of funky financial stuff in a attemp to grow their share price.   ETF’s can’t do that.

Tbh I can’t really get my head around it. Flip a coin?

Viewing 14 posts - 1,241 through 1,254 (of 1,254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.