Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How do you concentrate at work?
  • morelikeme
    Free Member

Thanks to the joy/curse of the internet at work over many years, my concentration span is more or less totally shot. How do you lot manage to get any work done? Are there any tricks for encouraging good concentration?

Thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Imagine a disciplinary meeting, P45 etc.

morelikeme
    Free Member

lol! more stick than carrot, eh?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Truck driver here. I have to concentrate…

Allegedly.!

jam-bo

Find a job you enjoy?

morelikeme
    Free Member

Cool, how can I get paid for frequenting web forums about sport and reading the news online. Oh, and Googling faster than anyone else?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

phew, I’m not the only one

high five

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

I find that between 20-30 small people watching my every move tends to scupper any attempts at being workshy 😉

morelikeme
    Free Member

Wonder if the doc could prescribe something for workshyness??

crikey
    Free Member

The knowledge that if I’m not paying attention someone could die works well for me.
    Course I do get a final salary pension for this…..

Kuco

I guess if I don’t concentrate I could do some damage with a 20 odd ton excavator or chainsaw.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, having to sort out 27 of some other feckers kids every day tends to keep me rather busy!!

Keva
    Free Member

with great difficulty. It can be absolute chaos in the office where I work sometimes. Drives me round the twist, noisy bunch of feckers.

Kev

Peregrine
    Free Member

Ear phones & iron maiden, blocks out the endless chatter and means i don’t have to be sociable. Get loads done and take the odd break to go on the web.

chomp
    Free Member

go to lifehacker they have so many ways to stay productive it’s beyond comprehension.

that said I seem to spend all my time now planning how to get things done and stay focused, rather than doing any work

DezB
    Free Member

I believe the problems started in about 1992 when Windows was introduced to the workplace.
    Although, trying concentrate in this sh1tty open plan office with the pillocks opposite me shouting across to each other, is mostly a lost cause.

J0N
    Free Member

What? sorry, I wasn’t concentrating.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Kuco – Member
    I guess if I don’t concentrate I could do some damage with a 20 odd ton excavator or chainsaw.

Yep same here, plus add 27deg c heat and safety kit!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Working from home ftw! One PC for work, one for “other stuff”.

will
    Free Member

Music. Makes me work a lot harder

thepurist

If you use Firefox this helps a bit.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I tend to have a cuppa, sit in the garden, play with my kid and plan the next BBQ. If only those pesky clients were able to email rather than phone and interrupt my reading…
    Also, a bit of Tabula Rasa or Silence Is Sexy helps (nobody bothers you).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I don’t.

I keep being interrupted by the whooshing sound made as another deadline flies by.

timber

aviemoron – persevering with chainsaw safety kit in this heat? we normally find another job to do, as we can’t get away with chaps

must remember to sleep under the tractor at lunch so as not to get sunburnt

however, no concentration needed right now after injuring my back and swanning around home

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How do you concentrate at work?’ is closed to new replies.