Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • How do I straighten my tent pole?
  • camo16
    Free Member

Having consulted an expert, I wonder if you’ve considered isolating the kink and blowing the pole hard whilst whacking it from the outside?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If it’s a decent pole it’ll work harden and only get weaker through unbending.

Sounds like poor design, and I should know, I’ve done a few*!

*Getting better at it, I think 🙂

wwaswas

I’m struggling to work out what the real suggestions are now perhaps I should just accept that there’s a permanent list to the left in my pole.

theotherjonv

I’d suggest getting your pole out on a firm surface, with the kink uppermost, hold it tightly with two hands, and then get your wife to sit down on it with some force and see if that fixes it. Might take a few attempts if it’s a particularly sturdy one, but once your wife has been bouncing up and down on your pole for a while I reckon she’ll have sorted your kinkiness out no bother.

Don’t do it inside your trailer tent though – that’ll set the whole thing rocking and the neighbours will all be wondering what you’re up to in there.

PePPeR

I’d fill it with sand and straighten it, then put a wooden pole inside it to strengthen it, because as gofasterstripes and others have suggested it will only bend again.

jamj1974

I always just nestle near the wife and it straightens quite quickly…

beinbhan

You can try Cerrobend it melts at boiling point of water pour it in let it set and then carry out your bend when finished heat it up to liquid and pour it out
    should get it at plumbers merchant

wwaswas

Just a quick update on this;

The new silver pole arrived yesterday and with some careful bending of the black pole using a couple of convenient fence posts to lever against I can now slide one all the way inside the other with little effort so my erection problems should be over.

camo16
    Free Member

Great news re your erection, wwaswas!

Watch out, campers! 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘How do I straighten my tent pole?’ is closed to new replies.