Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • How do i put on weight,help!!!
  • mikey3
    Free Member

Just weighed myself and i,m just over 8 stone!!!! jeez.I,m only 5ft 3ins so not exactly tall and i dont really look to skinny,in fact i,ve been told i look quite toned 🙂 but 8 stone.Would whey powder help me put on a few pounds,have,nt got a lot of cash so i could,nt buy lots of steak/chicken etc,and i dont drive and cycle alot.

davidrussell
    Free Member

you can have some of mine, i have plenty spare 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Why do you want to put on weight?

binners

Sell your bike and buy a gas-guzzling car.

Alternatively: Just come and live in our house for a bit. I can pass it on through Osmosis. Well… osmosis, pies, beer and Haribo

*burp*

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I will tell you the secret of weight gain if you will make a solemn promise to stop using commas as apostrophes.

soobalias
    Free Member

dont worry about the scales

if you just want to be heavier, eat crap and dont exercise, you will soon grow a belly and spare chin
    if you want to be ‘bigger’ you will have to work to balance increased food consumption such that it builds muscle

you can buy what you want, whey, mens health, gym membership, but in reality its gonna be as much work and dedication as a lot of the chubbers on here have to go through to get their bmi down to something not classed as obese.

you have my sympathy

miketually
    Free Member

Your BMI is about 20, so you’re in the healthy weight range.

Limit your aerobic exercise, eat lots of lean protein and lift heavy things = you’ll gain muscle mass.

thomthumb
    Free Member

do you eat healthily? most of the super skinny people i have known don’t eat enough vitamins (fresh fruit and veg) to build mass.

mikey3
    Free Member

Pies beer and haribo!! i,m on my way.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Christ man, your half the man I am 😳

Drink cider!

sadexpunk

miketually +1

derek_starship
    Free Member

And plenty of value tuna chunks. Cheap and will help.

soobalias
    Free Member

that reminds me its lunchtime

M6TTF
    Free Member

guessing you’re young – weight comes with age 😉

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Cider?! pah! strong Stout laddie

emsz
    Free Member

Same issue here 160cm and 40 ish kg. Running and a bad attitude to food will do that

CaptJon
    Free Member

lift heavy things and put then down again, and drink lots of milk.

mikey3
    Free Member

stop using commas as apostrophes< where is the apostrophes button on a keyboard anyway 🙂 And i,m 39 and losing weight with age,tapeworm anyone.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

When I was trying to gain body mass I was told to eat scrambled eggs immediately after working out.

portlyone

I only have to look at doughnuts…

Jamie
    Free Member

I have just put on 12lbs in as many days. Step into my office 8)

b17
    Free Member

How to Gain Weight and Build Muscle

from what I’ve seen (i.e. not personal experience) it’s very hard to maintain any weight gained if you’re a naturally lean/smaller type. A point I would take away from the site above is that if you’re eating food that isn’t directly building your body, then you’ll probably not gain. A diet high in protein might help, and as I’m finding it doesn’t have to be that expensive, since pasta and grains (cereal) cost a lot anyway. Cutting them down and using the budget to get good but affordable meat like chicken thighs, stew meat could work.

mikey3
    Free Member

Thanks b17 ,lots of good advice on there.

b17
    Free Member

great site in general IMO, certainly working for me.

Sandwich

Cake, lots of cake. And Beer, oh and pies. One of the Scottish chip shop delicacies, fried butter or Mars bar.

Taff
    Free Member

I have trouble putting weight on normally. What I did was celebrate Christmas… stopped riding for about 2 weeks, drank beer, ate about 6 boxes of mine pies, Christmas cake, lots of food and sat on my a***. I was almost a stone heavier. Granted a single ride and burnt off most of that but hey was good while it lasted!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This forum might be of use to you… just add pork scratchings.

miketually
    Free Member

I have trouble putting weight on normally. What I did was celebrate Christmas… stopped riding for about 2 weeks, drank beer, ate about 6 boxes of mine pies, Christmas cake, lots of food and sat on my a***. I was almost a stone heavier. Granted a single ride and burnt off most of that but hey was good while it lasted!

Sounds like what I did. I’m back down to me pre-Christmas weight now.

elaineanne
    Free Member

white bread….

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘How do i put on weight,help!!!’ is closed to new replies.