Home Forums Bike Forum How do I import gpx a garmin using the app?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How do I import gpx a garmin using the app?
  • oldnpastit

I’m sure it used to be possible to import gpx tracks into the android garmin connect app and then send to your device.  But I can’t find it. Has it been removed?

I can create a manual route but I already have the gpx!!!

Is the answer to get a wahoo?

poah
    Free Member

you can’t send GPX to a garmin using the phone.  Need to hook it up to a computer.  Unless that has changed with the newest versions.

donald
    Free Member

I can do it in the website, then it automatically downloads to the phone – is that any use?

oldnpastit

Oh,  there’s a garmin expkore app which can import but refuses to talk to my edge.

I shall follow the clouds, they seem to know where they ate going.

donald
    Free Member

scotroutes

My preference is always to plot the route for myself. That way I discover what’s involved before riding it: gates, river crossings, path/track types and, importantly, cafes.

nickc

also, can you download a Google Maps route to a Garmin?

phil5556

I’m not sure if there’s a button in Connect to Import, but
    On iOS you can open a GPX, from file explorer, into Connect or you can send it from your mapping app of choice (I often use OS) to Connect and then sync it. Which is effectively the same as importing it.

StuE
    Free Member

What model do you have ?

scotroutes

On iOS you can open a GPX, from file explorer, into Connect or you can send it from your mapping app of choice (I often use OS) to Connect and then sync it. Which is effectively the same as importing it.

That works for me on Android too.

vlad_the_invader

scotroutes

That works for me on Android too.

+1

To add, another method of getting GPX files onto a Garmin is to use Garmin apps installed on the Garmin device itself e.g. I have Komoot, Ride With GPS and Strava apps installed on my Garmin 530 so if the routes are in any of those apps, you can just sync direct with needing to use the Garmin Connect mobile app.

This is sometimes easier if the original route came from these apps….

seadog101

You’ll have to open the Garmin Connect website on the phone and import the gpx through that.

No way to import a route into the App that I know of.

DickBarton

Save .gpx file to the phone. Browse to it and open. Assuming it asks what app you want to use to view it, pick Garmin Connect. It gets added as a course (you need to select the type of route it is i.e. MTB ride and maybe name it) and you then sync it to device.
    Works every time on Android.

vlad_the_invader

seadog101

You’ll have to open the Garmin Connect website on the phone and import the gpx through that.

No way to import a route into the App that I know of.

Depends which apps you have installed on your phone but I have these options:

oldnpastit

In the end I stumbled on a sign from the sky, I was right to follow the clouds.

I vaguely recall that viewranger had the same limitation –  perhaps it’s a patent problem.  Good idea to try the strava app.

jonnyboi

What phil said

seadog101

@vlad_the_invader

Good lord. How thick am I?

I’ve been importing gpx to phone attaching to email to myself, opening Garmin Connect on computer and sync to device through that.

🙄

johnnystorm

Until I checked the dates I honestly thought I’d opened up one of those decade old threads that occasionally surface. 🤣

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.