Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • how do i find out who owns wood behind my house (dodgy trees)
  • ed34
    Free Member

How can i find out who owns the woodland behind my house?

theres a lot of very tall trees which would hit the house if they fall, and some of these are dead and / or leaning over a fair bit now.

It doesnt appear to be managed at all, loads of naturally fallen + rotten trees in it. Land isnt forestry comission.

Should i ring house insurance company see what they reckon, as i guess they’d want to prevent a big tree smashing half my house down!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

If you have a stove, top tip – find out who owns the wood before I find out where you live.

samuri
    Free Member

Build some jumps in the wood. The owner will be along shortly.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well if a tree falls and you’re not there to hear it, did it really fall ?

sobriety
    Free Member

Only if it landed on his house.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/online-services

or

start building those jumps / shore and see who complains

qwerty
    Free Member

Move your fenceline to include the woods, treat them as your own, wait about 7 years & its yours.

CountZero

Move your fenceline to include the woods, treat them as your own, wait about 7 years & its yours.

Sounds like a plan, that… 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

12 yrs, but close enough 😀

andybach
    Free Member

Contact the forestry Commission department that deals with grants and licences – they should be able to help. If there is a right of way through the wood then try the local footpath officer.

andybach
    Free Member

Contact the forestry Commission department that deals with grants and licences – they should be able to help. If there is a right of way through the wood then try the local footpath officer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

7 years, needs to be 12 IIRC

portlyone

It’s 10 years for adverse possession; the applications is made at 10 years and then you need to complete after 2 more years before getting kicked off. Then you need to hold it for another 10 years to gain good title and upgrade from possessory title. Even then the rightful owner can still claim the land back.

Unless it’s crown land and then it’s 30 (unless it’s on the coast and it’s even higher 🙂 )

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘how do i find out who owns wood behind my house (dodgy trees)’ is closed to new replies.