Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How (colour) co-ordinated are you?
  • xraymtb
    Free Member

Recent searching for a new jersey got me thinking – how co-ordinated, or otherwise, are the general STW population when on the bike?

Are we talking matching gloves to helmet? All black? Neon green shorts with orange top, baby blue helmet and pink gloves? Anything as long as its branded the same as your bike? Whats the consensus on how much is too much?

(and yes, I know it doesn’t matter and everyone is free to wear sunscreen etc…)

parkesie
    Free Member

Randomly ended up with helmet shoes and jacket all in olive green as were the best price and colour at the time of purchase over 10 months or so.

rogermoore

I was, but then got a warranty replacement frame in a different colour and everything went to pot from there!
    RM.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Both my current main bikes are mainly black. BMC is black/white with red ano components. Cannondale is balck with blue.
    My cycle specific clothes are black apart from the odd hizviz jacket and gillet.
    Sadly I do tend subconciously to colour match. One recent lunchtime in the local the barmaid pointed out that my t-shirt detailing, socks and backpack all matched the blue highlights on the bike. And my eyes obvs…

Maybe move this to the pathetic middle aged man thread..

tomhoward

Sartorial elegance personified, me…

Fun fact. I got married in those shorts.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I think the only bits of non-black kit that happen to be the same colour are my Giro helmet and PX waterproof jacket (bright yellow), my thin full finger Dafeet gloves are fluro orange and my Funkier shorts that I wear over black padded bib tights during the autumn/winter are neon blue…

Basically, I try to dazzle drivers even when I don’t have my bike lights on, saying SMIDSY has me laughing at them rather than them laughing at my fashion sesnse. 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

Incredibly low down my list. Whatever is on sale or at the bike jumble. That goes for bikes and clothes. My full suss has all sorts of coloured anodising on the bits and bobs, one red, one black wheel rim. Clothes wise, a helmet in neon yellow because it was half the price of the nice colours and couple of medium gaudiness pyjama tops

iainc

Very ! All kit, bikes, packs etc are blue, white, black theme. I have however just bought an orange coloured bike… 😜

lawman91

Ashamedly very! Both MTBs are black or silver with orange accents, even the bars, stems, grips, saddles, wheels, tyres match! Most of my kit is grey, black or orange too…

epicyclo

Not so much colour coordinated but I do have a preference for anything blue and white…

joemmo
    Free Member

not very although I have a preference for mostly grey and black with bits of bright colour so my capsule ensemble is relatively modular.

jam-bo

collars and cuffs match.

v7fmp

I don’t match my kit to my bike. But I like my frame to be the only bit of colour, with everything else black. Anodised bling isn’t for me.

Riding gear, I generally only ride in Fox gear, as I like it, it fits well and on the whole, works well (some of the longevity is a bit suspect). I generally go with black or dark grey shorts. Then ride in whatever t-shirt I like. My Giro helmet is maroon, which by chance matches my lightweight and wet weather fox jacket.

I much prefer subdued and subtle colours, rather than bright jazzy colourways.

trailwagger
    Free Member

On MTB’s I don’t think you should, on road bikes definitely some co-ordination required.

1. Never match kit to frame.
    2. Shoes and helmet should match. Go for black or white to go with the rest of your gear.
    3. shorts should be black

eddiebaby
    Free Member

****. We’ve turned into Velominati…

willard

On a bike? Errrr, no idea really. I pretty much always wear my black Endura Humvee shorts, so anything else is going to clash with that. If it’s a serious race, then a normal cycling top, if it’s hooning around, maybe something a bit more vivid.

Round town and commuting it’s as visible as I can find. Taxis are practically blind these days

DezB
    Free Member

Never thought about it, just buy stuff because I like it and it’s cheap. I have black shorts, grey shorts, blue shorts, a red/white/blue top, a brown top and a couple of purple tops. Various blues, reds and lime green tops for commuting. Just bought this cheap on ebay, but not worn it yet.
    Matches nothing 🙂

nickc

I used try to stick to black/white/red but it’s slipped recently

matt_outandabout

Today’s ride on silver and red bike saw me in turquoise windproof jacket, moss green baggy shorts, bright orange Shimano shoes (better than my old gold ones) and a lime rucksack, all topped with silver helmet.

It’s a strong look.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

Black. Everything goes with black…

woodster

I tend to buy whatever’s on sale and I tend to choose brighter colours so I rarely match.

Had the piss ripped out of me the other week as I’d managed to wear an outfit that looked very pro/matchy-matchy despite all the brands being different.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Too miserly to be colour co-ordinated….

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I usually go with black everything and coloured goggle straps

bowie278
    Free Member

Always black shorts and socks. Don’t wear gloves so they’re out the question but my helmet and shirt normally carry some colour. Don’t match my outfits to my bike coz I find that a bit ermm.. yeah…

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@tomhoward

Well played sir, well **** played. A symphony no less absolutely outstanding.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Denim FTW!

Poopscoop

I don’t like being to colour matched at all. It’s like you state trying too hard.

Most of my stuff is black anyway, with the odd bit of colour here and there. Blue helmet bike though to be a little more visible and less bland.

Bike parts however absolutely must match!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Err the brighter and clashier the better I’m afraid.

hot_fiat

Is this going too far?

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve always been colour co-ordinated me:

hoy

ton

looking well there Bob…………… ;o)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Fun fact. I got married in those shorts.

What was her guide dog wearing?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m going for a road ride later, probably a good thing that it’s dark this time of year. Does high-vis gilet, helmet and gloves count?

Never been a fan of the ninja look, why give cars an excuse for hitting you?

DezB
    Free Member

Never been a fan of the ninja look

I nearly pulled out in front of a (very fast) roadie the other day. All in black, right on the kerb edge of a bike lane. I did see him, but had to ride up a kerb to avoid (yes, I was on bike too)… very colour co-ordinated (if black is a colour) and dead sexy, but yeah, why? I know everyone should look properly, but reality is… oh well.

Daffy

For the bikes themselves – Very.

For me on the bike, not so much.

Bibs, helmets, shoes, gloves are all black, but I have a range of jerseys from black>neon pink.

I do consider whether the jersey would clash with the bike, but it wouldn’t make me change it or influence my decision on purchasing.

What I do hate is branding. I buy kit that has little to no branding on it at all. It may clash with the bike, but it’s still classy.

pipiom
    Free Member

How colour coordinated?

Very and always.

colournoise

Bikes always have some sort of theme going on (usually orange with black or black with single colour accents), but riding kit is pretty much all black with maybe the odd colour highlight. Much like the rest of my wardrobe.

Long gone are my art student days of hot pink lycra as casual wear… Thankfully we were too busy being ‘arty’ to take photos of each other back then.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not at all, however my everyday bike and the one that preceded it are coincidentally both the exact same colour as my car.

I do not have a Captain America themed bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How (colour) co-ordinated are you?’ is closed to new replies.