Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How close are 2.3 Butchers to 2.35 Minions?
  • tizzzzle
    Free Member

Been looking for 650b minions for a while but they are out of stock pretty much everywhere. I hear specialized butchers are very similar, almost a copy of minions. I’m used to 26er 2.35 minions (St front 60a rear) so my question is how similar in width and feel are the butchers? Don’t want to buy and then end up getting the maxxis when they eventually become available. Need to get rid of the hr2 ardent combo that is currently trying to kill me at every opportunity. Cheers

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Similar width. Not as grippy, lighter, seem to last longer. Roll about the same.

Great on a trail bike IMO 🙂

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I couldn’t get a Minion either so have went with a Magic Mary upfront with s HR2 out back, not sure what they’ll be like but I used to like the HR as a rear tyre so giving it another go for this winter. Currently running Trail Kings both ends and they’re terrible as soon as you get in to wet mud or roots. Great on everything else though.

smatkins1
    Free Member

The Butchers are very similar to the Minion front. They didn’t copy the back one (I always ran a minion front on the back as well anyway).

Very similar width and feel so I’d say you might as well just get the Butchers if you can’t find the right minion.

A great all round tyre!

superfli
    Free Member

Great tyres the Butcher’s. As said, very similar size and ride to minion. I’ve got a front and a Magic Mary front for my 650 FS and the MM is currently relegated to my tyre store!

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Ended up getting a 27.5×2.3 WTB Vigilante for the front of my Heckler after a recommendation from a mate. They are fantastic – super grippy (like a Minion), great cornering and not too heavy either. Bargain-tastic fom CRC at the mo too – just over 20quid. I’d recommend them to anyone struggling to find 650b Minions like I was 8)

chrismac

Very similar as they are designed by the same bloke. Specialized head hunted him from Maxxis to redo their tyre range!

tillydog
    Free Member

Ended up getting a 27.5×2.3 WTB Vigilante … Bargain-tastic fom CRC at the mo too – just over 20quid. I’d recommend them to anyone struggling to find 650b Minions like I was

Well, I’ve taken you at your word and ordered a pair…

I’ll let you know how I get on…

Thanks for the pointer to CRC 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How close are 2.3 Butchers to 2.35 Minions?’ is closed to new replies.