Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • House broken into
  • cinnamon_girl

That’s pretty rubbish for you. Do hope the perps get what they deserve.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yeah, done some research and those locks look like they’re going to take some heavy effort to defeat. Amazine how crappy the bog standard Eurolocks are 😯

jackthedog
    Free Member

I admire how calm and lighthearted you are being about this. You have perspective.

mrblobby
    Free Member

should I notify the insurance company of the burglary or just not bother

Small print will likely say that anything like that must be reported and failure to do so probably invalidates the insurance. So if there is a chance they could find out (e.g. if you’ve reported it to the cops) then I’d let them know.

edlong
    Free Member

Small print will likely say that anything like that must be reported and failure to do so probably invalidates the insurance. So if there is a chance they could find out (e.g. if you’ve reported it to the cops) then I’d let them know.

Yeah, this. It’s of material significance to the risk – i.e. they could consider you at greater risk of being broken into, with a track record of being broken into, so you should tell them, as they might otherwise be able to invalidate your cover if you get broken into next year and they find out about the previous break-in.

spooky_b329

They are expensive but I’m happy with them, you can also order additional locks that match your keys later…garage door lock, shed padlock, Yale/nightlatch locks etc. You can even choose the colour of the keys 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Do hope the perps get what they deserve.

cinnamon_girl, yesterday.

franksinatra

Another job today just over a mile away, same characteristics reckons the PC.

Yep, there was another burglary at the local police station as well, they took all of the toilets seats.

The Police have said they are investigating but, at the moment, they have nothing to go on.

Martin.B
    Free Member

I heard the burglars also dug a big hole in the road
    The police have sent two coppers round to look into it

cinnamon_girl

Dez – gosh, that’s from a few years ago! These days I’m rocking the bag lady look:

Edited to add that, yes, I’ve been watching too many American detective series’. A box set in fact. 😳

franksinatra

Things must be bad then as all of the trampolines have also been stolen from the leisure centre. Police have sprung into action.

allthepies
    Free Member

Next door neighbour has been a star and has secured the door. Turns out that the actual lock mechanism in the door is screwed also and so needs replacing.

Victim support just been on the blower also, offering cups of tea, friendly words and free UV pens + door alarms.

Not been this popular in ages 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘House broken into’ is closed to new replies.