Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HorticultureTrackWorld – Name that tree!
  • chojin
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what the make and model of this tree is? And more specifically whether it’s going to cover my car in sap!

chojin
    Free Member

Uh…. is the pic working? I think the link is broken 😐

*hmpf*

**edit: it would appear that it DOES work, it’s just my crappy work Internet.

SiB
    Free Member

Could be an oak (only saying this as its shaped and looks exactly like the tree in my mums garden)…..if it is you will definitely be sapped!

Might not be oak though!?

beefheart
    Free Member

Ash maybe?

kayak23

I make furniture so am quite good at identifying sawn boards. Could you chop it down and plank it up for us? Might be able to identify it then.
    Hope that helps.

Failing that, try this..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont think I’d want to live there anyway, the sky is this wierd colour, almost blue in hue. Odd.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Can you recall what shape the leaves were?

EDIT – And size? Compared to your hand?

Cheezpleez

Could be a lime tree, in which case your car will soon look like someone’s opened a tin of golden syrup over it.

However, from that pic on this phone, it could also be a Christmas tree or a bonsai walnut.

chojin
    Free Member

I just went round to the street to see if I could find a leaf, but it’s bare :/
    I *did* however manage to catch a resident who said it was an Oak Tree. Are they particularly sappy? I mean like on a sap scale of 1-7, what are they like?

Cheezpleez

Yup, looks oaky. You’ll be fine on the sap front.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Often it’s not sap, but small aphids who excrete a sticky sugary substance. Ash is prone to is, as is sycamores IIRC.

allthepies
    Free Member

Manufacturer: Cyberdyne systems
    Model: Z2345TQS

alexonabike

As above, very unlikely to be sap. Aphid excrement is the sticky stuff that covers cars! Laburnum has to be one of the worst affected.

swamp_boy

Looks like an early middle aged oak. The sticky stuff is sap, but it has has been through greenfly [aphid] digestive systems and still has a high sugar content, which makes it sticky. Oaks aren’t completely immune, but nowhere near the same league as limes and sycamores.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HorticultureTrackWorld – Name that tree!’ is closed to new replies.