Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 163 total)
  • Horses!! Seriously WTF?? Horse rant
  • hugor
    Free Member

I don’t understand the British fascination with riding these beasts.
    I mean its not exercise, its not transport …. its completely pointless.
    I came round a bend at reasonable speed today to be confronted by a few walkers side by side, oncoming bicycle traffic, and a large fresh horse poo.
    The safest option for all concerned was to take on the poo.
    Needless to say my mudguard wasn’t completely effective.
    Perhaps I need to stop reading all the 29er threads and do the mudguard thread.

Why is it that if my pooch drops a little nuggett in a park that I am required to pick it up and dispose of it, but when horses leave giant smelly mounds on dual use paths like the Taff trail its ok?
    I think horse riders should have to clean up their crap too.
    I know its inconvenient and all but what about the rest of us who wish to walk or ride on these paths!!

These beasts do not belong in the cities and certainly not on multi use pathways IMO.

terrahawk
    Free Member

muppet

allthepies
    Free Member

Horse poo and dog poo are completely different in the disgusting t*rd stakes.

_tom_
    Free Member

I agree with hugor, it’s something that annoys me as well.

GregMay
    Free Member

*facepalm*

Who do you think all your bridleways were made for?

Coleman
    Free Member

Dog shite is toxic and urban. Horse shite is safe and part of the countryside. Get a life or stick to the trail centres!

coogan
    Free Member

These beasts do not belong in the cities and certainly not on multi use pathways IMO.

Multi use pathways? If its multi use you can do multi choice things on it. Maybe the walkers, dog walkers and horse riders don’t like cyclists on them.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You really don’t know the difference between horse poo and dog poo? Seriously?

Dogs are meat eaters, their faeces is a serious hazard. It’s also pretty revolting, just like human faeces.

Horses are vegetarian, their faeces is harmless, indeed, it is much sought after by avid gardeners.

hugor
    Free Member

Hey we’re talking about the Taff trail here which is bitumen and runs through the city of Cardiff and the main town park. I’m not talking about paths across farmland or in the countryside.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not exercise? You’ve clearly never ridden!

Junkyard
    Free Member

is your wife reading terra 😉

These beasts do not belong in the cities and certainly not on multi use pathways IMO

genius they cant go on multi use paths you do know most routes you can legally ride offroad is basically a bridleway, thank them for sharing

kayak23

Horses are vegetarian, their faeces is harmless, indeed, it is much sought after by avid gardeners

Hmmm……I’m vegetarian, do you suppose a gardener would want my poo?
    Ka-ching!…

hugor
    Free Member

Toxic or otherwise there is no place for poo on public walking paths.
    Its offensive. If you want it in your garden or on your driveway then thats your business.

chiefgrooveguru

Does it have to be exercise to be an enjoyable pastime or indeed sport? And if you don’t think it’s physically demanding in any way then then you clearly haven’t ridden one (possibly sat on one on a pony trek but that isn’t riding). Horse poo is 100% partially digested grass/oats/grains – it’s non-toxic, unlike carnivore’s excrement.

Amazing how humans can consistently demonstrate such blinkered stupidity… You’d think brains could be used to intelligently analyse objectively but the tribal instincts once again rise to the fore.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Get a life or stick to the trail centres!

Couldn’t agree more.

Sounds like you’re just having a bad day.

Also i have the feeling you might be a city slicker or yuppie that hates everything linked to the country.

It can be very good exercise too btw…

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Hmmm……I’m vegetarian, do you suppose a gardener would want my poo?
    Ka-ching!…

Doh! 😯

A horse is vegetarian by design, you however are an omnivore who is just eating vegetarian. 🙄

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I came round a bend at reasonable speed today

In other words you were going too fast…. 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

ultimately, no matter whether it’s harmful or not, it’s shit
    no-one likes shit in their eye
    do horses indicate that they’re going to defecate, or do they just stop and go? if they do, could you not get them to poo off the trail/ road?

br
    Free Member

I am though curious as to what you expect the horse rider to do, especially as mostly you don’t know that your horse is taking a dump…

Next you’ll be wanting the deer to clean up after themselves.

uplink
    Free Member

I’m betting hugor carries one of those little bottles of hand sanitizer with him at all times – you can never be too careful 🙂

hugor
    Free Member

Horse poo is 100% partially digested grass/oats/grains – it’s non-toxic

You sound like a breakfast cereal advertisement.
    Why don’t you eat it then? Because its offensive!!
    Toxicity doesn’t enter into it!
    I have no problem with the countryside or horses for that matter.

Klunk
    Free Member

grow some ffs, it’s not much different to what comes out of a composter.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was riding in Wales last weekend and there was sheepshit on the trail! Seriously, WTF? How dare they crap on the trail? WTF??!??? LOLCOPTERZ

Etc.

project
    Free Member

During the months of winter,where do all the horses go, strangely they dont, need to be feed, watered,brushed, ridden slowly down narrow roads,driven around in large deleivery vans, and where do they crap, do they save it all up for the days of sunshine to return.

andyl
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    muppet

+1

Do you honestly expect a horse rider to get off their horse (a potentially dangerous act) to pick up a horse poo in a giant bag and then go find a bin?

It’s horse poo – great for plants, doesnt smell bad and is so **** large you can see it and avoid it unless you are a complete tool.

Dog poo is nasty smelly stuff that is hard to spot and you really don’t want to put it on your roses.

If you don’t like the countryside then stay at home on your xbox or go to a nice clean gym and pick up human germs from all the equipment.

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I was riding in Wales last weekend and there was sheepshit on the trail! Seriously, WTF? How dare they crap on the trail? WTF??!??? LOLCOPTERZ

Etc.

yeah and those cows. I mean why can’t the farmer go round and pick up the cow **** I keep dodging when walking in his field?

andrewh
    Free Member

A horse is vegetarian by design, you however are an omnivore who is just eating vegetarian.

A horse is actually a herbivore, as in they can only eat plants. You (and indeed me) are a vegatarian as our diet is through choice, we have the option to be an omnivore should we so wish, the horse does not.

And yes I think poo-a-scoops for horses would be a great idea.

Coleman
    Free Member

Ha! Ha! Shite is shite whether it’s on a bridleway or on a forum!
    Best avoided where possible.

sunnrider
    Free Member

learn to bunny hop, jump over it

hugor
    Free Member

Sheep, cow, and horse shit belong in farms, country roads and designated bridleways.
    They have no place on city multi use paths that are shared by walkers and cyclists.
    Poo from any large animal is offensive.
    Toxicity or the preferred diet of the animal is irrelevant.

honourablegeorge

TuckerUK – Member

Dogs are meat eaters, their faeces is a serious hazard. It’s also pretty revolting, just like human faeces.

Horses are vegetarian, their faeces is harmless, indeed, it is much sought after by avid gardeners.

I was sort of nodding in agreement with this, until I thought of my veggie mate, and his famously toxic arse. One long van journey with him and you’d be convinced.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s healthy. Rub it on your bald pate.

yunki
    Free Member

I was riding in Wales last weekend and there was sheepshit on the trail!

that’s disgusting

uplink
    Free Member

Poo from any large animal is offensive.

You’re offended by a horse poo?

andyl
    Free Member

v8ninety

Who do you think all your bridleways were made for?

Yeah, in the same way as roads were for driving livestock to market, and canals were for the mass transport of goods. Things move on, cycles and walkers are just as entitled to use bridleways as equestrians. It’s all for leisure. Agree that horse dung is far less nasty than dog do, but Im not keen on either getting sprayed up into my face…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yunki, I have lodged a formal complaint.

uplink
    Free Member

Yeah, in the same way as roads were for driving livestock to market, and canals were for the mass transport of goods. Things move on,

But you’ll note that the original users of the route/road/track still have the right to do so?

GregMay
    Free Member

Things move on, cycles and walkers are just as entitled to use bridleways as equestrians.

Think you missed my point…My point is that the equine fraternity have been using them for longer (TBH some bridleways probably have more horse dung compacted into them than fields) so in some ways the OT’s objection to the poo is pointless.

v8ninety

But you’ll note that the original users of the route/road/track still have the right to do so?

Obviously. As have pedestrians and cyclists. It’s just that they don’t quite so regularly turn the surface into an impassable quagmire, and don’t (as a general rule) defecate all over the right of way…

keith2005motorcross
    Free Member

I mean its not exercise, its not transport …. its completely pointless

You are a total ass (note the pun) if you have never tried a sport dont comment on it.. its people like you that just open there mouths and let ther miniture brains control ther big mouths……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘Horses!! Seriously WTF?? Horse rant’ is closed to new replies.