Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Horror Films.
  • fin25
    Free Member

I just read the plot of A Serbian Film on Wikipedia

You’ve already gone too far…

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve got zero interest in watching it, or anything else that’s just relentlessly unpleasant. Now saying that if someone told me there was a genuinely great film that contained any kind of nastiness I’d probably watch, but that’s not the feedback I’ve heard about A Serbian Film.

fin25
    Free Member

I love a bit of grot, but that film is just horrible garbage.

nickc

You’ve already gone too far…

you’re probably right

jimjam
    Free Member

There was a time when I would definitely have sought it out based on the reputation it has, but in this day and age, what with the real horrors we can watch online, honestly what’s the point.

mattyfez

I quite enjoyed black death, not strictly a horror I don’t suppose, more a supernatural thriller.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1181791/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

jimjam
    Free Member

I didn’t mind it either, especially with Carice van Houten in it. Just sayin.

jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4TwdbPyXsw[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

So.. anyone seen this film:

“A deformed boy grows a disembodied head within a boulder-sized, mucous-lined orifice by basting the noggin with his own freshly produced faeces.
    A man, who’s scared of breasts visits a doctor who pulls down his pants and has the patient sing into his anus in order to wake a huge cockroach.”
    And more!

I have. Oh yes.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

No ones mentioned the first three ‘wrong turn’ films?

Final destination was fun.

Jeepers creepers.

Some of the vignettes from the v/h/s series were downright weird.

I always enjoyed watching ‘the masque of red death’ in all its technicolor glory.

And if you enjoy watching Vincent price ham it up (deliberately), then the Howard Hughes thriller ‘his kind of woman’ is worth a swatch.

‘The tripper’ is a slasher movie, but with a cynical edge.

mikey74
    Free Member

Jeepers Creepers is a bad film.

fin25
    Free Member

You talking about Kuso, DezB, if so, I have seen it, it’s on shudder. And yes, it is a bit messed up, but not as messed up as I think it thinks it is, I think.

DezB
    Free Member

Kuso indeed. It’s a challenging watch – mainly for the “is this actually shit?” feeling throughout. But at least it’s someone making something challenging! I preferred his music videos really. Especially the one for “Ready Err Not”. I won’t link it, cos that is “messed up”.

jimjam
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

Jeepers Creepers is a bad film.

It’s not a bad film as such, in terms of monster/slasher type films. What’s bad about it is that it was written and directed by a convicted pedophile and is (according to him) a metaphor for his insatiable lust for young boys. This is even more disturbingly apparent in the sequel.

The fact that Francis Ford Coppola and United Artists produced this and other films by Victor Salva is …well I have no words really and I think I’ve already referenced this in the Kevin Spacey thread so no point going on anymore.

weeksy

I was watching “The Skull” last night. Vincent Price, Peter Cushing… It was GREAT…. and the ‘scarey’ thing was an inanimate object with some atmospheric music, no need for blood, guts, gore… .just a stills camera and a skull !

sadexpunk

just watched REC. thought it was rubbish. ill try some of the other recommendations over the next few weeks…..

integerspin
    Free Member

I watched all the Hammer films when I was a kid and generally liked them, but since then horror films bore me. I can rarely stay interested in them. Except Wolf Creek and Switchblade Romance.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Horror Films.’ is closed to new replies.