Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Hope’s best selling colours.
  • endomick
    Free Member

A shop near me claims they wont stock or sell the full Hope range in colours because there is little demand for it, most of it in black only, I say BS, they’d sell more if they offered some colour. Am I wrong. Its a big shop, doing lots of mail order BTW.

honourablegeorge

Can understand them not stocking it, as the coloured stuff will always be harder to shift, and trying to stock stuff in the right size/standard is a pain.

No idea why you wouldn’t sell it of someone ordered a part in a specific colour though.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Well you hope they prob looked at past sales etc, but they prob right.
    Plus they need a load of extra space to stock the other 5 colours (more so if they selling wheels)
    Plus the extra cost tied up in stock, the chances are if someone goes on line for a red BB and their is only black they prob still get it if price was right.

We do special order for customers who what colour bling, it is easier that way for us.

+ Black goes with everything! lol

joebristol

A shop near me claims they wont stock or sell the full Hope range in colours because there is little demand for it, most of it in black only, I say BS, they’d sell more if they offered some colour. Am I wrong. Its a big shop, doing lots of mail order BTW.

Maybe there just aren’t that many people out there that like the 90’s bad taste anodised look?

* Ducks and runs for cover *

Onzadog
    Free Member

All my Hope stuff (and there’s a lot of it) is all black. After all, I don’t know what colour my next frame will be.

Northwind

I have some coloured hubs because they were cheap and some black ones because I chose the colour… Keeping inventory is expensive, and keeping 10 of the exact same part just in case someone wants purple when you can’t even be assured of selling one, is a big risk. Surprised they won’t order it in though

edd

I wish they’d bring back gunsmoke

endomick
    Free Member

Keep running joe 🏃, orange is awesome, I have vouchers I can’t use because I want an orange stem and fortus wheel with orange hub. Really poor service IMO.

kelvin

Can’t they just order stuff for you in the colour you want? Keeping all the colours of all the most common sizes of even just the core product line of headsets and hubs would tie up loads of money, and would mostly go unsold.

endomick
    Free Member

That’s my point, they won’t even order it in.

kelvin

That is odd. Not even if you hand over the vouchers first as a deposit? Poor service, I agree.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Everyone I know who has Hope stuff (including me) has it in colours. I always assumed that the colours were more popular than black, but, then again, I did grow up riding in the Ringle quick release era.

JP

damascus
    Free Member

My friend still has a full set of hope in team Green and a pair of hubs in gold 🤮

Houns

Pink is where it’s at

pigyn
    Free Member

Not even Hope stock it, they hold some anodised lumps and some raw, then just ano and assemble what shops order at the last second and ship it out. Very lean operation. If the shop won’t even order it for you I bet they have no cash 😂

teethgrinder

Orange and green.

chakaping
    Free Member

If the shop won’t even order it for you I bet they have no cash

In which case spend the vouchers pronto on stuff you’ll need in the long term.

Shop is right not to hold stock of all different colours IMO, but weird they won’t order it in. Have you asked why and do you have previous beef with them?

funkmasterp

Orange is the new black

dhrider
    Free Member

No idea what shop it is but i’d guess its not just as simple as “just ordering it in”. The item will need added to their system, Potentially needs a barcode created, someone will have to pick up that item has been added and order it then the logistics of getting the item to the shop and allocated to you. By the time they’ve done all that, it’s probably not worth the effort.

I’d say black outsells all of the other colours.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

dhrider

No idea what shop it is but i’d guess its not just as simple as “just ordering it in”. The item will need added to their system, Potentially needs a barcode created, someone will have to pick up that item has been added and order it then the logistics of getting the item to the shop and allocated to you. By the time they’ve done all that, it’s probably not worth the effort.

That’s really not difficult – my business adds new products all the time and it’s the work of about 10 minutes. And that’s a completely new product – colour is just a variation, so should be quicker.

JP

chakaping
    Free Member

No idea what shop it is but i’d guess its not just as simple as “just ordering it in”.

Ordering obscure bits in is breads-and-butter to loads of LBSs, I’m sure.

They can hardly be expected to keep stock of everything in these days of proliferating wheel sizes and standards.

honourablegeorge

dhrider

You go to the hope website and add it to your next order.

tomhoward

My LBS does a Hope order roughly once a week. They don’t keep any Hope stock, save for brake pads, it’s all stuff they’ve been asked to order in.

Suspect the reason yours aren’t doing it may be due to cash flow issues, or they’ve been left with a load of daft coloured stuff.

bigwatts
    Free Member

All my bikes have almost everything that can be purple anodised. Pretty sad And boring if you feel the need to stick to black. It’s a bike. It’s meant to be fun.
    My lbs don’t stock much they just order it as required. They do multiple orders per week so it’s rarely more than a day or two before the parts come in.

transition1
    Free Member

Sod Hope shit get Burgtec

metalheart
    Free Member

As it happens, I took delivery of some orange bits today…

So, orange…

endomick
    Free Member

transition1, I’ve got a few Burgtec items, including a chainring that totally messed up the chainline on my m8000 cranks, so I’ll stick with reliable Hope.

chiefgrooveguru

“All my Hope stuff (and there’s a lot of it) is all black. After all, I don’t know what colour my next frame will be.”

Ditto!

darkroomtim
    Free Member

Purple on the fat bike, red on the gravel 🙂

sockpuppet

Red bikes *are* faster!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think it’s excellent customer service- not many shops would go to such lengths to save their customers from terrible taste.

Black (or possibly gunmetal) is the correct choice.

ctk
    Free Member

Is your shop trying to shift what they have?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Black (or possibly gunmetal) is the correct choice.

Agreed.

Every other colour they do is cheap looking.

edd

Black (or possibly gunmetal) is the correct choice

Agreed, the problem is that they’ve stopped producing gunmetal/ gunsmoke…

mrmoofo

My LBS won’t stock Hope because they say they enforce that the shop must hold high levels of stock ….
    I am guessing doing 45 million anodised colours doesn’t help

tomhoward

My LBS won’t stock Hope because they say they enforce that the shop must hold high levels of stock ….

Bollocks.

pigyn
    Free Member

*Actually pay for their stock*

😂😂

tomhoward

*Actually pay for their stock*

*upfront* (ahem, mostly…)

nealglover
    Free Member

Rubbish. If they actually told you that then they are lying to you 👍
    My LBS holds a few random bits in stock (Hardly anything really) but are happy to order in anything else that people want.

The OP’s issue possibly is that the shop is low on cash to place an order, and his vouchers aren’t helping the issue.

damascus
    Free Member

My lbs gets a delivery at least once a week. Hardly has anything unstock. It sells straight away.

I like blue or red but usually have black as I got it cheap and it’s easier to match my next bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Hope’s best selling colours.’ is closed to new replies.