Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • hope pro 2 rear can it be altered to 135 x 12 thruaxel?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello a numpty question but can it and if where can i find a part/s plus how hard to fit?

Thanks

Trailseeker
    Free Member
    vondally
    Free Member

Brilliant and many thanks

stevomcd
    Free Member

I would recommend avoiding using it with any kind of Maxle though. Upgrade to a Pro2 Evo or use a solid axle of some description.

toryfoel
    Free Member

I would check that out before ordering. I sent off for one for a Yeti 7 but the one supplied was for 150mm – the other was apparently 142mm which was what I needed. Same axle but different end caps. The difference beteeen the two was not apparent on the CRC site.

I called Hope to ask for the spec for what I needed – they were brilliant – just sent me the different set of end caps for 142mm, sorted.

No idea if there is a 135mm version but a quick call to Hope for advice is well worth it.

vondally
    Free Member

oh bog need it for a yeti 7 rear and just order the one from link above, guess i will call hope.

fivespot
    Free Member

There is a 135mm version, many Alpine 160 owners use them.

jackal
    Free Member

Yes there’s a 12mm axle conversion avaiable for the qr hubs, fitted one to mine the other year when I swapped to a prophet mx. It’s just a different axle and end caps, pretty easy to fit.

messiah
    Free Member

Go Evo.

I’ve broken three axles in the last rear running a solid BETD bolt.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-12mm-rear-axle-snapped

stevomcd
    Free Member

messiah, you breaking yours again even with the BETD axle?

I bought one at the start of last summer (after breaking 3 pro2 axles). Fitted it, but then decided I just didn’t trust the hub axle and kept using the Mavic hub I’d picked up cheap on ebay. Ran that (+BETD) all summer with no problems at all.

I went back to the pro2 for a few out of season rides just to see, and didn’t have any problems, but it wasn’t the kind of beating my kit gets during the season.

Think I’m gonna go EVO for this year.

messiah
    Free Member

I’m getting three months per axle with the BETD bolt 😈

I need to send the wheel to Hope to get them to EVO it… but I’m too busy riding it 🙄

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

as others have said yes but ditch the maxle light as the butting means it doesnt support the bearings and the axle snaps. the BETD axle is an offence 45 quid, Ive put one of these on my Alpine (25 quid still steep for a 6 inch bolt but more palatable)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26370

LoCo
    Free Member

Drilled my axle and end caps on the lathe. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘hope pro 2 rear can it be altered to 135 x 12 thruaxel?’ is closed to new replies.