Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • hope pro 2 evo on crest for cx?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Was looking at getting the kinesis cx wheels but found a good deal on pro 2 evo with crests. Bonus with these is i could stick em on the 29er too
    Tho no doubt I’ll be too lazy for that.

Anything better for the money

happybiker
    Free Member

The only thing to consider is road tyres at high pressure on Crests isn’t such a good idea! Should be fine if you stick with cx tyres though.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah worth a thought but im not sure I’ll ever use it as a road bike esp with the 46t big ring lol

monksie
    Free Member

Hey up Mick. That’s what I’m using on the Colnago. They’re great but the tyre – Kenda Kwicker 33c folders blow off the rim when they go over 50psi.

jonk

I’m using them on my CX run them with Schwable cx-comps and pro’s tubeless. They have never come off the rim even at 60PSI. Quite impressed with their strength as well.

firestarter
    Free Member

Ey up how do you find them. Flexy at all? What do you weigh ? 12 stone? Apologies if not lol

I figured we’d be around the same im nearer 13 tho tbh 🙂

Not sure i like the thought of them blowing of at 50psi . Was that with tubes or tubeless

tobymc

I’ve been running them for a couple of years, no worries. Not flexy, fine for my 70ish kg.
    Run with tubes, no trouble at road pressures.

jonk

im 12.5 St and iv’e ridden all sorts on them including 7 stanes and down lake land fells and they are still straight and true.

swanny853

The line I got from stans was the marked pressure readings on the rims were for tubeless. I’ve used 28s on crest up to about 70psi no problem with tubes.

Been using crests on hope for cx for a year or so now, they do the job very well although I did manage to bend the front one landing very hard on it at an of angle in the dark!

cp

My ritchey cross tyres won’t go on the crest rims for love nor money 🙁

brassneck

Any clues to where this good deal is 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

12.5’ish Mick. Not at all flexi. Tubeless and and doing fine. In fact, they’re set at 40psi front and back and doing fine off road. Draggy on but you’d expect that. Super grippy though. The Clicky freehub is starting to annoy.

singletracksurfer

I’m thinking of the same, but I weight around 90kg. Am I too fat muscular?

Alex

I’ve just replaced the heavy and quite flexy ritchey wheels from my Boardman CX Team with Crest rims (on superstar hubs). Only had a quick ride but they are light and stiff (at least compared to the stock wheels). Same as the above, good to have them a ‘spares’ for the 29er – 35mm tyres were pretty tight to go on. But 50 PSI (with tubes at the mo) no problem.

12st here..

lucien

I’ve got crests that I’m running ghetto tubeless on; with a sb8 on the back and a slant 6 on the font at about 45psi. Amazing grip off road and not too bad on it. Blow off the rim if I go much over 50psi, and I’m about 12st

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘hope pro 2 evo on crest for cx?’ is closed to new replies.