Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hope Enduro Wheel owners… Help needed.
  • flossie
    Free Member

Hi All,
    I have a pair of Hope pro 2 evo hubs and have bought a pair of Enduro rims which I intend to have a go at building myself. I’ve carefully measured the hubs and rims, put them into the spoke length calculator, bought the spokes and on trying to start lacing they seem to be too bloody short!
    If you have a pair of hope enduro’s I’d be incredibly grateful if you would measure the spokes in either side of the front wheel for me.
    (From the centre line of the spoke mushroom at the hub, to the inner surface of the rim in mm.)

Thanks
    Floss

teethgrinder

2 Cross, 3 cross? Factored into the spoke length calcs?

survivor

I got spares with the wheelset I bought.

One packet says 291mm the other 292mm not sure which is the front spares or the back though.

Measurement you’ve requested is 287mm both sides with a 3 cross pattern 100mm hub

🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m 99.9% sure the shorter spokes are drive side rear and disc side front. The longer spokes are disc side rear non disc front

That’s specifically Pro 2 hubs I’m talking about

jamesoz

272mm for 650b looking at the spokes from mine. Not the asked for measurement as the wheels in bits.

wiggles
    Free Member

What size nipples have you used? and what did the calculator use?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Which spoke calculator did you use?
    What spoke pattern?
    What nipple length?
    32°?
    29er or 650b?
    Boost or non-boost?

Did you measure the hubs and erd or read them somewhere?

survivor

Good point. My measurements were 29er

flossie
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m a berk!md

3 cross 650b!

Thanks chaps, really appreciate it!

flossie
    Free Member

Ok, my hubs are Hope Pro2evo disk, rims are hope Enduro 650b. Spokes are sapim race with standard length Sapim brass nipples. I intend to build with a standard three cross pattern. I spent ages carefully measuring the hubs and rim Erd in line with Roger Musson’s ‘Wheelpro’ book. I put the measurements into the wheel pro calculator, checked, double checked, ordered the spokes and on lacing they are too short.

Thanks
    Floss

Stevet1
    Free Member

How far have you got with lacing the wheel?

jamesoz

Assuming they are the same as the hope hoops from 2015, Pro 2 hubs and Enduro rims.
    Looking at my leftover spokes you should be using approx 272mm.
    Those rims have the same ERD as mk2 Stans Flows if it helps

flossie
    Free Member

Stevet1…. I laced it upon three sides ant the final set of spokes wouldn’t reach, so I took it to bits again.

Jamesoz… erd measures as printed on the rims. From your 272mm I’m 10mm short! There’s 2mm difference between left and right spokes front and rear. Looks like I have a load of re measuring and checking to do! (Or I could just build them 2cross!

flossie
    Free Member

Now I know my lengths are definitely wrong I can set about re measuring and calculating with an eye on what the lengths should roughly be and get ordering the right ones.

teethgrinder

Are they the length you ordered?

flossie
    Free Member

Yeah, I definitely received the leinght I ordered.

flossie
    Free Member

Thanks for all your posts. Ive just called Hope and asked and the spokes I need are 273mm & 271mm.

Floss

dhrider
    Free Member

From your 272mm I’m 10mm short!

Sounds like youve laced it wrong if Hope have confirmed you need 271mm / 273mm spokes. Might be safer letting the LBS build it for you.

jamesoz

I think the problem was the spokes were 260ish mm, hence 10mm short.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hope Enduro Wheel owners… Help needed.’ is closed to new replies.