Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope Brake fitting advice please?
  • Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Quick post –

Am fitting some gifted old brakes to my p7. Just checking that I think I have understood correctly what I need.

I was given a front Hope M4 Mono (IS mount?) which is to go onto a postmount equipped Rockshock Judy XC fork. (ie mounting holes face backwards, towards rider)

So I need an adaptor. Will type A from Hope be the one, or will any pm to is adaptor work from any brand?

Will that then allow me to use a 160mm rotor? And are all rotors compatible, or do I need something specific?

I also have what appears to be a Hope mini (just says Hope on caliper, engraved with a number “3” on it) to fit a 99 Orange p7 with mounting point for a rear brake which is IS mount.(Mounting holes face wheel) Do I need a 160 for the rear, or a 140?

There’s a part of me that wonders if they’re oldish brakes, I might be better junking them for some new Shimanos, but then the rest of the bike is now a bit “vintage” and so they might be more pleasing to the eye.

I have wheels that have 6 hole mounting points for discs already.

Cheers for any pointers if I’ve not misunderstood anything before posting.

coatesy
    Free Member

You’ll need a Hope HBSM20 to fit IS caliper to post mount fork, plus a rotor 20mm larger than originally intended for said caliper (+0mm mounts are available, but may not have enough clearance to fit a 4 pot caliper). If your rear caliper is a Mini (split caliper, not one-piece), no.3 will be a 165 rotor on the rear. Later models (one piece/mono type) in a type 3 will be 160mm on the rear.

ginge24
    Free Member

I had the same problem but ended up using a 160mm shimano bracket on my front,I will have a look in a sec on the model number.He works fine

ginge24
    Free Member

Sorry I’m talking out of my arse,It’s a bracket for the rear

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope Brake fitting advice please?’ is closed to new replies.