Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope bash guard
  • portydave
    Free Member

Hi,

Anyone use one….I’m assuming it is the usual quality bit of kit?

Also just converting standard slx triple to double. To start ill stick with my 32t ring, but figure I’ll probably find it limiting and change to 36 eventually.

But…..the bash comes in different sizes! Anyone know if any probs running the 36t bash with the 32t ring, then I can upgrade rings later? I appreciate it may not be ‘ideal’ but can’t see any reason it won’t work.

Was going to use a blackspire stinger guide unless anyone has any other recommendations.

Cheers

Pridds

Got the 36-38 one and it is a very nice piece of kit. Shouldn’t have any problems running it with a 32 ring.
    Had a stinger and they are ok but keep an eye on the bolt that holds the wheel on as they work lose and you need to loctite it on and then regularly check it’s tight. Oh and btw running the stinger with the hope bash and a 32 tooth ring will be not ideal as the roller will be a lot further away from the ring than it is supposed to be as the outer edge of the roller runs on the edge of the bash and you cant get it closer
    Personally I’d splash the £13 on one of these and do it right from the start as 32 is very low on a double

godzilla
    Free Member

I have one, Nice bit or kit, £28 posted from Dave Hined.
    Few rides in and its right enough.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope bash guard’ is closed to new replies.