Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope 180 mm rotors
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

I have Fox F90RLs and recently upgraded the brakes (Hope Tech V2 s) with 180mm rotor, previously 160mm rotors. Mavic Crossride wheelset which has a centre lock type hub with a 6 bolt adaptor. The rotor is now a hairs bredth away from top post mount and can be made to rub. Anyone else had the same problem and what was the fix if any other than going back to 160mm. Dont knok if the problem is the mavic hub adaptor or perhaps the forks werent designed to take a 180 rotor. Any ideas – puzzled

walla24
    Free Member

sorry is the rotor rubbing against the mount?
    is it a floating rotor?

Nipper99
    Free Member

can be made to rub and no, its not a floating rotor.

grantway
    Free Member

Have you not changed the post mount for the Hopes?

walla24
    Free Member

interesting, id post up a pic if you can.
    Have you tried re-centering the calliper onto the mount, ie by undo-ing the two bolts ‘on top’ (facing you) this will allow the calliper body to slide horizontally on the top of the mount posts and you can move it out the way?
    Quick tip, undo both bolts, squeeze brake, do up bolts while holding brake.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

grantway – Member
    Have you not changed the post mount for the Hopes?

This worked for me, similar issue, but moving from Deore 180mm to Hope.

Nipper99
    Free Member

has the hope adaptor but it is the rotor itself that is too close to the ‘post’ on the fork casting itself. Its like the rotor need to come back toward the wheel a couple of mm / the hub on the wheel is too wide!!

coatesy
    Free Member

Usually down to Mavic hub as far as I remember,but worth checking you have the rotor centred in the caliper itself, and then adjust the pads as per the way Hope show you in their Tech video(forget squeeze/tighten/ perfect alignment-you’ll need to be very lucky or easily satisfied for that to really work).

Nipper99
    Free Member

how the **** can maviv make a hub that is too f**king wide!! mavic crossride with 6 bolt adaptor gives me about 20 thou clearance between disc and top post mount. old non branded front hub (some sort of shimano copy which the mavic were bought to upgrade but which after 2 years of abuse are still truer than the mavics after a dozen or so rides incidentaly ) gives 3-4 mm !!!! should have saved up a bit more for hope hoops, toys leaving the pram – now.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Ah I heard a friend tell me about this problem with the same set up.

coatesy
    Free Member

Just a thought, is the wheel straight in the fork when you look from the front, or is the tyre closer on the brake side? May be something as simple as the qr spring on the wrong way round causing the wheel to sit badly.

glenh
    Free Member

Definitely the hub.

If I put a hope floating rotor on my Crossrides, the rotor rubs on the brake mount. A normal 180mm rotor works ok though, although there’s still not much space.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I think i am going to have to go back to 160mm front rotor and change the wheel set when i can.

marsy8493
    Free Member

Nipper
    Same problem with new Hope M4’s.
    180 rotor on Mavic rims with CK hub.
    Slight rub already on fork.
    Had on previously 180 rotor with Juicy 7’s. Alot better spacing between rotor and post mount. Might just be Hope brakes.

Nipper99
    Free Member

sorted. hope pro 2 front hub, loads of space. pair s/h crossrides anyone?

coatesy
    Free Member

No ta, heard they have rotor clearance issues:)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope 180 mm rotors’ is closed to new replies.