Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Honzo or 2 souls quarter horse?
  • backcountrybiking
    Free Member

If your in the the know you know about these, what’dya think?
    Ta
    Andy

backcountrybiking
    Free Member
    jameso

both based on black cat and by:stickel’s take on 29ers, both look prety sorted. it’s the second age of 29ers by the look of it, at last people can look past those steep head angles and 450mm stays.

buy on price i guess, or the fit. the geometry’s so unlikely to anything that you’re used to or have ridden before that it’ll be good to find a test ride bike to be sure on sizing.

honzo’s meant to be a bit weighty but the 2souls doesn’t look that light either, the nature of the frame shape i expect.

Ringo
    Free Member

I’m currently on the waiting list for a black cat, and its going to be a similar sort of bike, tapered headtube big travel 140mm 29er nice short stays and curvy lovelyness

jameso

black cats are lovely, good choice..

Ringo
    Free Member

They do look lovely and Todd has been brilliant to talk too regarding the frame

bedmaker

My only experience of them is ordering a Honzo yesterday. Should be fun.

jameso

He’s a cool builder. I was very close to ordering a black cat last year but something else convinced me to go another way. If i wanted steel + sus forks black cat seemed the best bet tho. It’s great to see kona and others doing the right thing with 29ers, black cat and by:stickel wouldn’t be readily-enough available aor the right price for most of us and now there’s stock options that offer something similar.

doof_doof
    Free Member

The Quarterhorse looks to be in a different league to the Honzo, but then the frame costs a fair bit more. Would be nice if the FD mount was removable (or didn’t have one at all).

frepster
    Free Member

Bedmaker, do you happen to know if you can get a honzo as frame only in the UK?

bedmaker

I’m hoping to find out this week if it is frame only as that is what I’d prefer. Apparently it should be available frame only in the UK ‘sometime’. Otherwise, the shop (Bothy bikes) will give me a price for the frame only based on them stripping a full bike and selling the rest of the bits.

sofaking
    Free Member

Would be nice if the FD mount was removable (or didn’t have one at all).

apparently been refined for the production versions which are shipping mid Jan 😆

doof_doof
    Free Member

The QH actually seems like reasonable value now compared to the UK Canfield prices, and I’m sure the Buzzard will be up in that price bracket too.

doof_doof
    Free Member

That QH looks great in the final version

honourablegeorge

Still has that ugly derailleur mount, though.

Burchy1
    Free Member

That Quarterhorse in DDoofs pics is lovely.

How would they have got rid of the polished finish on the slx cranks to give the all over matt grey? I quite like that

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Honzo or 2 souls quarter horse?’ is closed to new replies.