Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Home for an old but still serviceable bike (or N-1)
  • jimdubleyou

I have a Rockhopper Pro, from (I think) 2006, which I bought off ebay about 5 years ago.

It got a minor refresh about 18 months ago and pretty much everything still works.

Assuming I can’t be bothered selling it on ebay (£200? I have no idea what it’s worth), what is the best way to go about finding it a good home?

I think our local bike shop does a bikes for Africa thing but it’s not exactly ideal for that environment (hydros, front forks that you can’t get spares for any more).

I could freecycle it, but any other ideas?

amedias
    Free Member

Do you have a local Bike Project/Charity nearby who could recycle or reuse it?

(there’s normally one in most major Towns/Cities)

JEngledow
    Free Member

Your nearest river/canal 😉

4130s0ul
    Free Member

+1 for local bike projects.
    there’s one in Bristol which will take any bike spares, they use these parts to teach local youth groups how to build bikes. these bikes are then sold dirt cheap to people who need them for getting back to work etc.
    the above is a simplification of the why’s and wherefores but you get my drift

dexa

Not sure where you are based but there is a Charity option in Exeter :rideoncycling.org

jimdubleyou
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Home for an old but still serviceable bike (or N-1)’ is closed to new replies.