Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • home and bike insurance (yawn)
  • justme
    Free Member

Can anyone recomend an insurer for house insurance including bikes that doesn't shaft you, pref one that has a sensible level of security reqs

bikes are kept in an alarmed garage/locked van/chained up so a seperate bike ins would also be concidered

would also like to know what they were like to deal with in the event of a claim
    yes I know my spelling is shite
    g

easygirl

m&s are te best for bikes, and cover you away from home, and accidental damage

fadda

+1 for M&S

jonk

Is it M&S standard or premium cover that you all go for?

easygirl

premium to cover bike away from home, its worth it especially if you travel abroad with the bike

bruneep

another happy M&S customer

iDave
    Free Member

M&S standard were fantastic after my bike was nicked from my shed

justme
    Free Member

is m&s only for the bikes or do they cover them on the house insurance
    thanks for the replies g

fbk
    Free Member

I've just gone with Greenbee (John Lewis). Same under writer as M&S (axa), similar cover but up to £5000 per item rather than £3000 and significantly cheaper for me. And £100 cheaper than Zurich who wouldn't include bikes.

No idea what they're like for claims – hope I never have to find out.

edit: Both cover any item up to a particular value as part of the contents insurance and both include MTBs in that.

Pieface

Has anyone else had their premiums at M&S go up by £100 when they renewed despite not making a claim?

IME they are a rip off unless you're a new customer – I guess they have to cover their costs of paying out all these no quibble pay-outs!

We renewed with Sheila's wheels (not the cheapest) and saved £300 including bike cover – although I have to use a lock that costs £40 to make a claim.

justme
    Free Member

bought of m&s many thanks folks g

bruneep

Pieface – Member
    Has anyone else had their premiums at M&S go up by £100 when they renewed despite not making a claim?

IME they are a rip off unless you're a new customer – I guess they have to cover their costs of paying out all these no quibble pay-outs!

I never take out the renewal quote, either phone them up or get a quote online as a new customer. They rely on "lazy" people not doing the work to get extra money.

mark.laird
    Free Member

I recently renewed my car insurance with LV after a claim earlier in the year, I was ecpecting it to go up – they whacked it up from £300 to £700 (4 years no claims down to 1)
    I did an online quote with them and it came out at £400 so i rang them and thats what I am now paying (£400)
    :mrgreen:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘home and bike insurance (yawn)’ is closed to new replies.