Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HolidayTrackWorld.com
  • Houns

Quick question. The whole thing of turning up at the airport on any given day with a bag packed, passport in hand ready and willing to go anywhere, paying there and then…. Urban myth? Or do people actually do that?

nealglover
    Free Member

You’ll probably pay more than you would booking in advance I would think.

white101

seen it happen n the 90’s, just as well surfing now the day before or going into a shop

andytherocketeer

Not left it quite that late but have made used of KLM last minute flight offers for next day travel.

Used to be every Thursday at about 1pm they’d publish a number of shorthaul and longhaul destinations for bargain prices. Conditions were the outward flight had to be next day, return flight at least 2 days later (ie Sunday or later).

At least that gives time to pack a bag that evening, and book somewhere to stay the following evening.

No idea if they (or any others) still do that.

somouk
    Free Member

It does happen, I’ve seen a couple of people do it on my flights to and from the US but they pay silly money for doing it that way.

freddyg
    Free Member

I’ve done it before – but not since the mid 90’s when I was younger and carefree. I’m having palpitations at the thought of doing it (with wife & kids in tow) now!

We never book anywhere more than a week in advance using that internet. Always save a few £’s (not that much any more) and enjoy the spontaneity and lack of planning required.

Houns

Thanks. Just looking in to options. I want a nice relaxing beach holiday next month. Don’t really care where as long as its sunny. Only problem is that I’ll be on my own (not a problem for me as that’s what I want, just blimmin expensive)

freddyg
    Free Member

It can be done.

In 2004 MrsG and I (pre-BabyGs) spent almost 3 weeks in Mauritius for under £2k including spending and a full weeks worth of scuba diving.

Find a scheduled flight, then look for independent cheap accommodation. We ended up with a 2star duplex apartment tied to a small independent hotel. It was basic but spotless.

white101

Avoid the school holidays (unless of course your in the education business) that way things will become cheaper

somouk
    Free Member

lastminute.com is probably the best way to do similar these days and as mentioned above, avoid the main holiday periods, not only in our country but check the main holidays in your destination as well and it will drop the prices.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HolidayTrackWorld.com’ is closed to new replies.