Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Holiday in October for my 40th – ideas/advice?
  • themilo
    Free Member

So, as per the title i’ll be turning 40 this October and am looking to get away for a week around about the 18th. I’ve not been abroad since the last nipper (4 years ago) and never at this time of year. I’m not too bothered about it being “hot” but obviously it’d be great if it was “pleasant”. 2 important considerations – 1: I’m incredibly tight; i cant help it, so i want a value option (2 adults, 2 kids) and 2: i’m hugely paranoid about “dodgy” destinations. I’m not a Mail reader or anything but i do want to make sure we can stroll around in relative safety.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Raindog
    Free Member

Croatia, or Lithuania ?

jota180
    Free Member

I like Lanzarote [we bought a place there], not too hot – there’s always a breeze to make it comfortable

Puerto del Carmen is ideal

Great family cycling with a dedicated cycle way for miles along the coast and plenty of places to hire all sorts of bikes [and other pedal driven contraptions].
    Not too many people hassling you to eat in their place when away from the old town

Have a look at Cinco Plazas apartments for good family value or Seaside Los Jameos Playa for a good all inclusive place.

mogrim

Southern Spain or the Canary Islands would be fine in October. (And Southern Spain’s not all Benidorm-style pissed English and Germans, there are some nice bits too.)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Canary Islands would fit the bill I would have thought

themilo
    Free Member

Cheers all – Canaries looks bob on. Will take a look at Los Jameos Playa now 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Turkey?? Not a fan of Lanzarote for the reason mentioned… always breezy whcih in October can actually make it feel chilly depiste saying it’s 25 degrees or whatever. I guess if you want a cheap holiday as you say you don’t like spending money http://www.icelolly.com Egypt?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Holiday in October for my 40th – ideas/advice?’ is closed to new replies.