Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Holiday destination for October – warm, cheapish, smartish. Where?
  • IHN

So, MrsIHN wants a week away in October. Plan is to go somewhere warm where we can spend our time mooching around a nice old town or something, having some nice food, sit outside a bar or by a pool with a book, generally having a good old relax. Really stressful stuff.

Being October, ‘warm’ is the slightly trickier bit. Doen’t need to be roasting, just comfortable enough to be in shorts and tshirt (so, I’m guessing, probably somewhere in the Southern Med)

Anyway, ideas on a postcard please.

Mackem

Granada

or do a little of tour of Andalucian cities. Seviile/Cordoba/Ronda/Malaga all good.

titusrider
    Free Member

We are doing Tuscany in September for the same kind of holiday, id say by October you might want Naples/ Amalfi coast or Sicily.

peterfile
    Free Member

I spent a week mulling around Dubrovnik (Croatia), Mostar (Bosnia) and Kotor (Montenegro) in October a couple of years ago. Weather was perfect for us (warm but not hot), round about 20 degrees. It did rain pretty heavily on one day and I would expect this is normal for October.

Wonderful trip. I’d recommend a few days Dubrovnik and a few days in Kotor, with maybe a day trip to Mostar if you fancy it.

IHN

Granada

or do a little of tour of Andalucian cities. Seviile/Cordoba/Ronda/Malaga all good.

Something like this is under consideration

id say by October you might want Naples/ Amalfi coast or Sicily.

As is this

I spent a week mulling around Dubrovnik (Croatia), Mostar (Bosnia) and Kotor (Montenegro) in October a couple of years ago. Weather was perfect for us (warm but not hot).

Wonderful trip. I’d recommend a few days Dubrovnik and a few days in Kotor, with maybe a day trip to Mostar if you fancy it.

That was last year’s holiday 🙂

mogrim

Mackem’s suggestion is a good one – I’d avoid Barcelona at that time of year as there’s no guarantee of decent weather. You could do a couple of days in Madrid before getting the bullet train down to Cordoba, too.

cchris2lou

We are looking at Marocco. Ryanair fly there and it is very cheap to eat and stay.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Soller, Mallorca

rocketman
    Free Member

Canaries are good in October we always go

Fabulous weather and as inexpensive/smart as you want it to be

ElShalimo

A couple of years ago we did 10 days in Andalucia in early October flying in n and out of Malaga. The lowest temp was 28 so plenty hot for us.

We went to Ronda, Sierra De Grazalema, Sevilla, Cadiz, along the coast thru Cape Trafalgar, the tuna coast, Vejer De La Frontera and over to Antequera.

No bikes, just sightseeing, walking and plenty of eating and drinking. It was wonderful.

stumpy01

Turkey should be warm enough. Last two times we’ve been was at the end of September and it was around 42 degrees still. I don’t think it’s normally that warm, but even when it is ‘normal’ it should still be pleasantly warm.

We have been to a few places in Turkey, but that last couple of times have stayed a couple of miles up the coast from Side.

Tunisia would still be nice & warm, but I wouldn’t go back there. Didn’t enjoy it at all.

Canary Islands should still be nice. I went to Lanzarote a few years ago and liked it, and have been to Tenerife before (Los Cristianos) which was nice. We’re going back there in June this year.

convert

Madeira

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Holiday destination for October – warm, cheapish, smartish. Where?’ is closed to new replies.