Home Forums Chat Forum Hive stopped working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hive stopped working
  • mjsmke

We have a Hive hub and Hive thermostat. The thermostat works (don’t know how it’s connected to the boiler) but the Hive hub won’t connect the the app anymore. Tried all combinations of what they suggest but nothing works.

Any ideas? Or is there an alternative?

5lab
    Free Member

?

can you ping the hub on the wired connection?

mjsmke

I wouldn’t know how. In the video the part that’s not working is the hub at the bottom of the screen but they don’t touch that. The rest works fine.

DickBarton

Ours went weird last week, got sent a new Hive and about 7 hours on phone to customer services, the new one is working!

mjsmke

Do you have a contact number or email for them?

The hub light is green so should be connected to the Internet. If I go to the app it says it’s offline. If I go to add new device, the hub starts to flash orange so it must be connected some how. But all the options on the app are greys out so can’t click anywhere. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app and made no difference.

Just to add. It is the hub that is not working. The thermostat and reciever are fine.

brian2
    Free Member

This place is just incredible. I’ve just had the opposite problem, stat lost connection with the receiver. Took out the stat batteries, popped ’em back in et voila! Talking to each other again. Your side of the problem is Internet and hub to app. Just bin the app, the thermostat is clever enough to look after stuff. 3rd world problems phoning your boiler. Don’t sweat it.

mjsmke

The apps useful to turn the heating on/off remotely if we forget while out so want to get it to work again.

mjsmke

Now the app says the hub is connected but the thermostat and reciever are offline. They were working fine but now nothing works.

martinhutch

I never managed to get my devices talking to the hub again, despite lots of resetting and calls to customer support.  Gave up in the end. Thermostat still controls the receiver fine, but that’s it. No more turning on the CH from the train.

imnotamused
    Free Member

When mine goes offline, which is a few times a year, the only way I’ve found that gets it back online every time is to:

turn off the internet router

Turn off the hive hub

Turn off the hive receiver

Remove the batteries from the thermostat

Then turn everything back on and put the batteries back in.

It’s a buggy system, I should replace with a wired Nest solution instead really.

therevokid
    Free Member

mine used to do that until I put in a “repeater” between the themostat and the boiler’s sender

unit. Something about traffic getting dropped because of distance / interference …. Zigbee appears

somewhat flaky :)

winston
    Free Member

When this type of thing happens with my Hive it usually ends up being the app and gets resolved in a couple of days whilst the heating system still works fine using the hardware controls.  Like almost everything I’ve bought that has app control it’s always the (cr)app that lets the rest of the system down.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.