Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • “Hitler? He got things done”
  • aracer
    Free Member

Finally?

colnagokid

he’s being running his little empire as a fascist dictatorship for a while now so whats the suprise, and his pervert mate- son of Oswold Mosely!
    and this is considered a sport!!!!and governments fall over themselves to get the ‘specticle’
    (forgive spelling,grammer etc. its late, Ive had a drink-but not the sentiment!)

Mugboo

You’ve got to admit he did go a little to far..

Pigface
    Free Member

Demented dwarf

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Always knew he was a nutter, I don’t know why anyone ever defended him when talking about him (aquaintances I mean). Odious umpa lumpa.

GrahamA
    Free Member

It just goes to show how different his reality is from ours.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I read that in an ‘astonished’ way on the train this morning.

Can’t believe he said the things he did!

b1galus
    Free Member

what he espouses is no different from the political philosopher Hobbes all just a question of context

tankslapper
    Free Member

….pulls up chair and waits for Rude Boy….

(Mosely and Ecclestone :roll:)

Stoner
    Free Member

great headline in the Economist this week (not usually known for its sense of humour 🙂 )

“Mosley Submits”

🙂

aracer
    Free Member

You’ve got to admit he did go a little to far..

Indeed…
    “Margaret Thatcher made decisions on the run and got the job done. She was the one who built this country up slowly.”

trailmonkey

Hmmm, comes across as a little odd, he’s usually such a reasonable guy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think he is making a fair opinion. As far as I understand it, he isn’t saying that everything Hitler did was right or good, he was opining that strong leadership gets things done.

Of course, as soon as Hitler’s name is mentioned, heckles are raised. Which is why he chose him as his example.

Stoner
    Free Member

m_f I think the hackles are up because he fails to reject hitler’s “policies” with sufficient venom. He uses soft words like:

but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not

In the end he got lost,

G
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

m_f I think the hackles are up because he fails to reject hitler’s “policies” with sufficient venom. He uses soft words like:

I certainly agree there – he didn’t attack all the atrocities that happened under his leadership. Whether it is because he felt they were irrelevant in the context of the interview or whether he agreed with them isn’t clear.

Stoner
    Free Member

Whether it is because he felt they were irrelevant in the context of the interview or whether he agreed with them isn’t clear.

and to assume the latter in the absence of any more evidence is a bit unfair.

johnners
    Free Member

I certainly agree there – he didn’t attack all the atrocities that happened under his leadership. Whether it is because he felt they were irrelevant in the context of the interview or whether he agreed with them isn’t clear.

What rubbish. Introduce Hitler as an example to be admired “because he got things done” and you can’t exclude the things he did or the mechanisms he employed to do them as “irrelevant”.

Stoner
    Free Member

What rubbish. Introduce Hitler as an example to be admired “because he got things done” and you can’t exclude the things he did or the mechanisms he employed to do them as “irrelevant”.

not rubbish at all.

Its perfectly reasonable to seperate and discuss the operation of power from its content if you’re talking about political systems.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

and to assume the latter in the absence of any more evidence is a bit unfair.

I haven’t assumed anything – I said it wasn’t clear.

Fair point – when taken in THAT context. But the point he was making (as far as I understand it) is that he was a leader with the power and authority to be able to command people to do such things.

Whether or not it was justifiable is not the point at all – the point was that he was able to ‘get things done’ through strong leadership – in the same way Maggie was able to.

johnners
    Free Member

No Stoner. I don’t understand what you mean when you refer to the content of power but “getting things done” isn’t a political system.

kennyp
    Free Member

Stoner’s right. It is possible to separate out the various parts of a leader’s methods, differentiating the good from the bad. Hitler, for all that he was probably the most evil, deranged person to have ever lived, must also have been incredibly charismatic to have held sway over Germany in the way that he did.

As for Ecclestone, at least he speaks his mind which is good to see in these days where the “tolerant” brigade are utterly intolerant of any remarks they don’t agree with.

Stoner
    Free Member

ecclestone was referring to the difference in results between democracy and autocracy. I imagine he was trying to draw a comparison between the historically autocratic running of the FIA “getting things done” as opposed his expectation that when a consensus based, F1 team inculsive, political system at the FIA is going to end up dithering around and not acheiving a great deal. The times article seemed keener to draw a comparison with Naziism instead. Nothing more sinister than that.

It seems everyone is far too keen to invoke godwins law.

hot_fiat

erm…. 😕 What an odd little fellow. Is he related to Prince Philip in some way? Actually, no that can’t be right, the DoE knows when to keep schtum nowadays.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

everyone

Everyone? 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hitler……… must also have been incredibly charismatic to have held sway over Germany in the way that he did.

So how come he never won the majority of seats in the Reichstag then ?

Even John Major, probably the most uncharismatic leader the World has seen in living memory, managed to win a majority of seats.

The highest vote the Nazi Party ever received under Adolf Hitler was July 1932 when it received 37.4% of the vote. In November that year there was another general election (the last free elections) in which support for the Nazi Party had fallen to 33.1%.

It is precisely because the Nazis saw their support waning after reaching a peak of just over a third, that they realised the importance of seizing power whilst they still could. After that they were able to arrest and murder their opponents, giving them a much better opportunity to do well in elections.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Hitler was a great ‘motivational’ leader. Either you agreed with him or you were removed!

You could argue Churchill was a great leader and others will argue he was a war monger.

Hitler undoubtedly had ‘strong’ points. He had a certain charisma that’s not in doubt. Many of his staff have said since he was a terrific boss to work for, nothing was a problem, family leave, remembering individuals problems etc. Many ‘modern’ bosses could learn a lot – I’m not totally convinced Churchill was quite so congenial! That said of course the man’s basic ideology was based on hatred and blame so basic FAIL there then. But would we have had a Hitler if we had not had the Treaty of Versailles? So who’s fault was that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tankslapper – Member

….pulls up chair and waits for Rude Boy….

I hope it’s a nice comfy chair ………. it’s going to be a long wait.

Because the small minority of inarticulate right-wing bigots on here have finally managed to get their way – they have silenced RudeBoy.

I am told that apparently STW received more complaints about RudeBoy than any other forum user. That sounds really quite damning, until you stop to think and realise that if half a dozen sad pathetic losers on here decide that they don’t like one individual, then all they need to do is complain about them on more or less a daily basis, and very soon that individual will be classed as the most complained about user.

So faced with the constant anti-RudeBoy complaints, the easy simple solution was taken : ‘Appeasement’ …….. towards the bigots.

I feel nothing but utter contempt, for the sad losers who have eventually managed to get RudeBoy banned. You were very clearly incapable of challenging him (something which I could do – and did do regularly). So your only option was to have him silenced. You are weak and pathetic.

First they came for RudeBoy, I did not speak out because I was not RudeBoy.

Stoner
    Free Member

That sounds really quite damning, until you stop to think and realise that if half a dozen sad pathetic losers on here decide that they don’t like one individual, then all they need to do is complain about them on more or less a daily basis, and very soon they will be classed as the most complained about user.

a few assumptions in there GG unless you have been told that a) its half a dozen losers and b) that half a dozen losers complained on a daily basis.

Equally it could be a lot of non-loserish people complaining individually once or twice.

I certainly have no idea which it is…do you?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Equally it could be a lot of people complaining individually once or twice.

Do you honestly believe that most people on here can be arsed to complain about other forum users ? 😯

That there are that many sad pathetic individuals on here ? 😯

Surely not ?

Sadly RudeBoy tried to play their game, and he too complained about individuals when he saw examples of unacceptable bigotry. The wally should have realised that he was never going to win.

trailmonkey

ernie lynch, if RB has been banned, it is because of his own inability to socially interact with people without being abusive. Despite being someone that preached peace, love and unity and saw himself as a champion of social co-existence he was without doubt the most anti social and antagonistic person on here who had one line of argument – agree with me because I am right otherwise I will call you stupid.

I shouldn’t lose too much sleep though, he’ll be back.

Stoner
    Free Member

I shouldn’t lose too much sleep though, he’ll be back.

indeed.
    Fred Dibnah
    Paddedbra
    RudeBoy.

anyone running a sweep on the next reincarnation of all our misplaced societal guilt?

Stoner
    Free Member

That there are that many sad pathetic individuals on here ?

Well I was probably one of them. 😯

I did report one of his posts (and only one, and I havent gone to the effort of writing a specific complaint) using the report button* when he bombed an interesting discussion thread with loads of large, irrelevant images. I was hoping that the mods would simply remove the large images so that the thread of the discussion would be uninterrupted. His behavuiour was childish and annoying and I rose to the bait. I dont see quite why we should all be so grateful for his presence all the time or indeed tolerate his own brand of bigotry?

* Im assuming that as “most complained about” ST towers means a number of people have taken advantage of the effortless feature and clicked “report post” rather than sat down and written a long letter of complaint to the editor.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it is because of his own inability to socially interact with people without being abusive.

That is complete bollox.

And so is this :

he was without doubt the most anti social and antagonistic person on here who had one line of argument – agree with me because I am right otherwise I will call you stupid.

So what if he was ‘antagonistic’ ? This is a forum.

So what if he called someone stupid ffs ?

I constantly disagreed with him- and sometimes he called me a ****. And ?

😕

Stoner
    Free Member

So what if he was ‘antagonistic’ ? This is a forum

You wouldnt tolerate it down the pub would you?

chewkw
    Free Member

Short people are vicious and very cunning because they need to make up for their shortcoming … Look at Prince whatever you call him this day that is evil …

I was once told 7 short man can conjure up a plan to burn the sky that is how evil they are …

😆

trailmonkey

That is complete bollox.

No, it’s why he got banned. Keep up ernie.

Seems to me that despite your own pontificating, you’re happy with anti social behaviour as long as it’s a brand that you endorse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You wouldnt tolerate it down the pub would you?

What’s that got to do with it ? ……… clue me mancub 😕

As I said in a previous post quote :

“I dislike no one on here (although I’m sure that I probably would if I met some in real life)”

If someone down the pub ‘antagonised’ me, I very much doubt that I would sit with them. Some people on here appear to want to go out of their way to be ‘antagonised’ by him. Like clicking on his threads for example.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘“Hitler? He got things done”’ is closed to new replies.