Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Hit the North – in case you didn’t know – 14th March
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

I know some on here have enjoyed in in the past, which baffles me no end but anyway, 14th March. Loads of places available so if you fancy it, enter here http://www.hitthenorth.net

or you could stick your hand up and marshal. I might even give you an ‘entertaining’ spot if you’re good.

cheers!

edhornby

Are you going to be ok for marshalls? I’ve not entered yet so let me know which is more important (the entry fee or the marshalling)

terrahawk
    Free Member

I can always get marshals, so you don’t get out of it that easily….

edhornby

🙂 entered

terrahawk
    Free Member

god bless ya

tthew

I’ve not entered yet so let me know which is more important (the entry fee or the marshalling)

If you were a real mate, you’d pay the entry fee then volunteer to marshall.
    Thinking about it, if the weather is anything like last year paying to not ride might feel like money well spent. 😁

tomhoward

Thinking about it, if the weather is anything like last year paying to not ride might feel like money well spent. 😁

What I did last year. Got to point and laugh marshall folk sliding down a hill 😊

sarell
    Free Member

I can’t ride it – no e-bikes!
    I will marshall though if needed.

All the best

Vortexracing

I’m in 🙂

MrSparkle

Pedal you bastards!

Vortexracing

Pedal you bastards!

Nowt like encouragement from the sidelines 😉

RustySpanner

You had to ask?

Probably marshalling though, I’ve got about a dozen good off road rides left in these knees and I’m saving those for summer. 🙂

Can we have a couple of ‘Keep Left’ signs for Binners?

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I’m in. Mrs is asking does she get to
    wear a hivis if she marshals

dazh

In. Hopefully I’ll actually get to ride it this time instead of standing around in the rain with a high-vis vest on.

tthew

Mrs is asking does she get to wear a hivis if she marshals

Hopefully I’ll actually get to ride it this time instead of standing around in the rain with a high-vis vest on.

Sounds like dazh could lend her one! 😁

terrahawk
    Free Member

LAST CHANCE TO ENTER! Entry closes this weekend – http://www.hitthenorth.net

binners

Can we have a couple of ‘Keep Left’ signs for Binners?

Hotly contested though our fight for last place has become over the years, I’ll be marshalling too Pete.

We could compete for who can come up with the most imaginative abuse

Clover

Entered.

Now off to look for the excuse folder. Or snorkelling gear.

tthew

We could compete for who can come up with the most imaginative abuse

Does this funky new forum have a poll feature? Those that are riding could vote for the winner.

tomhoward

I’ll be there, pootling round at the back, fat in bike as well as stature. How are conditions on the undesirable side of the Pennines?

edhornby

Fat bike might be a good choice, it’ll be slop central if we don’t have a block of dry weather this week.

RustySpanner

I can’t make it, can’t get anyone to cover my shift – current health scare and all that.
    First one I’ll have missed.

Beyond gutted, this little ray of sunshine has been a happy, joyful constant in my life since it started.

I’ll be thinking of all the good people I’ve met over the years.
    😶

Stay muddy!

edhornby

Sorry to hear that Pete – I’ll post you my socks afterwards so you get a little bit of Phillips Park mud as a momento 🙂

RustySpanner

Nah, you’re all right Ed 🙂
    Had a walk round with the grandkids on Sunday.
    It was sunny……
    I’m sure it will all have dried out by race day.

If you see Louis, say hello from us.

binners

The Forecast looks good…

null

dawson

It can’t possibly be wetter than last year

tthew

Can’t decide which bike to ride. Singlespeed 29er again, or (assuming new wheel bearing turn up in time) 26er full suspension. Any fast rolling advantage of the 29er is likely to be negated by the conditions, but lack of gears means you’re pretty much ‘on it’ all the time. Or you largely grind to a halt. 🤔

binners

It can’t possibly be wetter than last year

I suggest you go and have a think about what it is you’ve just said

tomhoward

I’m having to bail out 🙁

Being in one of the at risk groups for these sniffles that have been going round, it’s probably not sensible to hang around with big groups of people, doing lots of heavy breathing, with the aim of only doing a lap, 2 at most.

Guess that’s dogging out too.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I did the first year, what was that, 11/12 years ago? Still suffer flashbacks of foot deep, sloppy mud that smelt like human faeces, going sideways lots for the one lap my bike lasted before a new set of pads were eaten causing the pistons to pop out the caliper. Heckled my team mate for his lap before deciding to pack up and go the 30 minutes home to the right side of the Pennines where it was glorious sunshine.

terrahawk
    Free Member

In fairness Dave it was probably the poo smell in the air rather than the mud. Next door to a sewage farm innit.

durhambiker
    Free Member

For anyone going, link to the live results is:
    https://my.raceresult.com/151338/

Bunnyhop

Have fun everyone.

Rain! rain! What are you talking about, one year we had a blizzard and minus 10 (slight exaggeration there).

I used to marshall (too many other commitments now), it was such fun. Although I did get told off for the abuse I gave riders. If you can’t take the abuse, don’t ride in a fun race.

edhornby

Our glorious leader is marking out the course as we speak and posting on instatwatter

gonna be a fast dry firm-going race tomorrow

tthew

Although I did get told off for the abuse I gave riders. If you can’t take the abuse, don’t ride in a fun race.

It was only the big sticks with the nails bashed through that I thought were a bit much.

Anyway, it’s looking like the best weather conditions yet!

tomhoward

gonna be a fast dry firm-going race tomorrow

Aye, right. 😂🤣😂🤣

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Mud tyres fitted 😄

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Wow the mud 😮 6 laps got my timings wrong and had to go round again!

Vortexracing

Same here, I crossed the line at 2 minutes to 12 🙁

another lap required.

BenjiM

Really enjoyed that, a different kind of slop, particularly the shit soup near the top car park! Lost the top end of the shifting on the last few laps so a bit of a sitting duck on the flat sections other than spinning furiously. Thanks for organising @terrahawk and thanks to all the marshalls! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – in case you didn’t know – 14th March’ is closed to new replies.