Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Hit the North – anyone fancy a preview ride?
  • terrahawk
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

Mint.

Let’s see if we can use all of Costa’s carpet cleaner again.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bums…..its chipps’s cx race ein tod 😥
    And it’ll spoil the suprise….

rangerbill

Bums +1 was hoping to do the Tod CX race as well and then decide what to do HtN on.
    Any chance of another ride out or even a preview route map of gps file???

terrahawk
    Free Member

Tod cyclocross race is on the 2nd Jan…preview ride on the 3rd…what’s the problem?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Got me dates mixed up-however,thats even worserer now!Tli Prestatyn cross race on the same day as the todmorden race…..double bums!!!!
    On the plus side I can come get the carpet muddy now.

terrahawk
    Free Member

good lad. Prestatyn ‘cross sounds awful 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Lets be honest ALL cross ‘sounds’ awful in priciple!It all depends on the quality of the musical accompanient….and I’m a sucker for a brass band.

RDL-82
    Free Member

I’ll put in another request for a second ride or map/gpx of the route as I’m back at work that day 🙁

Also what emails/confirmations have you lot had? I’ve had a receipt a an email saying my details have been passed on, is that it?

Cheers

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Are the clowns bikes and costumes compulsory?

Harry_the_Spider

No. You can leave teh Jones at home.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I was thinking of something even sillier 😉

If it arrives in time that is

Harry_the_Spider

?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Who told you……

terrahawk
    Free Member

there might be another preview ride after this one. No chance of a GPS file though, sorry!

If you’ve had an email from UK Results your payment was successful and you’re in.
    Thanks for entering.

John – the snow bike will be spot-on 😉

RDL-82
    Free Member

Hi Terrahawk will we get anything else or do we just turn up on the day?

Rob

terrahawk
    Free Member

You’ll get an email nearer the time telling you where to go, where to park, etc.
    You also need to turn up on the day 😉

RDL-82
    Free Member

Cheers Terra’ payed for 4 of us and they are pestering me like little kids 😀

Just need you to do another preview ride now 🙂

edhornby

will have to check with the boss for a pass but should be on for it

terrahawk
    Free Member

bump

Harry_the_Spider

ouch

terrahawk
    Free Member

soz

Harry_the_Spider

‘sallright

RDL-82
    Free Member

Out of interest seeing as though i cant make the preview ride, if i went to Philips Park and had a ride around, would i get a good feel for whats in store, or does the route take in ultra secret in the know stuff, or areas not normally accessable/allowed?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

re the OP – yes please, count me in.

edhornby

RDL-82 you’d get a pretty good feel for the difficulty levels (it’s not completely hardCORE as the cyclocrossers do the race also) but I’ve not seen the course so there may be some little specials to look forward to on the day

find the bombhole and have a go on that 🙂

RDL-82
    Free Member

Cheers Ed will get myself down there and have a nosey some time and hope inthe meantime they announce another preview ride.

Harry_the_Spider

Half the course is in Philips Park (more or less the same as last February’s race), the other half is on the new FC trails in Waterdale (all the stuff near the viaduct).

RDL-82
    Free Member

Cheers Harry, I presume it’s easy then to link the two areas then, never been. Will have to get over soon.

Harry_the_Spider

Park is on the hill. Trails are in the valley. The route in the park isn’t obvious and uses some footpaths.

Are you local?

RDL-82
    Free Member

Not local but not a million miles away, just outside Manchester about 10 mins from Heaton Park

Harry_the_Spider

You should go and have a potter about then. There are only a couple of miles of trail so it isn’t worth a huge journey.

terrahawk
    Free Member

are you sure he’s local?

Harry_the_Spider

They look like that where I live. Nobody has spoken to me in 7 months after a told the lad from next door but one to F-off after he chucked a Becks bottle into my veg patch.

RDL-82
    Free Member

will get over soon, defo.

Found this, any good/use > http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/prestwich/621271395771?video=1

terrahawk
    Free Member

some of that route is well cheeky and will definitely involve a run-in with a certain farmer’s wife.

Nowt like the HTN route, BTW.

RDL-82
    Free Member

ok nevver mind will just go and explore

cheers

GregMay
    Free Member

it’s not completely hardCORE as the cyclocrossers do the race also

Sod off and go look at your results from the last two years. CX riders own this race 🙂

I’ll be along Jase on my cross bike, with my carbon tubs, and a hangover post Tod.

3rd time at this now…bleedin heck…do i at least get a ‘Token Irish Bloke’ prize this time?

terrahawk
    Free Member

do i at least get a ‘Token Irish Bloke’ prize this time?

Large latte on me at Costa after the preview ride 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Does EVERYBODY take this race event seriously?

How many go for a laugh?

Any prizes for last place?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – anyone fancy a preview ride?’ is closed to new replies.