Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Highly flexible jobs
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Something for my wife that might bring in a bit of extra cash but allows for high flexibility. She’s only available while the kids are at school and ideally not during the holidays. My job pays the bills.

Neighbour’s a Yodel driver which looks pretty flexible. He seems to do his rounds when it suits him. Any other ideas along a sort of freelance line?

scotroutes

Personal massage?

Choose the hours, choose the err clients.

Being highly flexible could be/earn a bonus

wwaswas

teaching assistant.

Special Schools are often struggling to recruit, from what I’ve seen, she can start off as being a ‘casual’ (they call her when they need her) and move to a permanent regular hours contract when she’s ready.

Obviously would need to factor in getting to/from drop off and pick up.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. she’s been a TA before – good idea. She’s excellent with kids.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Lollipop lady person

P-Jay
    Free Member

“Term Time Jobs” are becoming more of the norm these days, you’re contracted for 40 weeks a year, don’t get any holidays instead of 52 weeks a year and get 6-7 weeks off etc.

I know quiet a lot of companies are now offering them, so you might not have to limit your search to flexible jobs.

scotroutes

Lollipop person/teaching assistant are both likely to cause issues with getting kids to/from school unless, of course, it’s at the same school.

wombat

I was expecting this to be about the Bristol Stool Chart

RobHilton
    Free Member

Lollipop person/teaching assistant are both likely to cause issues with getting kids to/from school unless, of course, it’s at the same school.

Good point.

Dinner lady person

wwaswas

Deliveroo Rider?

molgrips
    Free Member

We could probably manage having someone else pick up the kids at school tbh.

northerntom
    Free Member

uber/taxi driver?

MSP

uber/taxi driver?

I wouldn’t trust uber to pick up the kids 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe – depends how far away the other school is. My ex next door neighbour is a TA at a different school and still drops her son off in the morning before rushing off to her job – at least round here TAs don’t seem to start until 9, and you can drop kids off from 8:45. In theory she’s probably supposed to be there to pick up when school kicks out, but it doesn’t seem to cause any issues that she only turns up a bit later – he’s old enough to hang around in the playground with the other kids who have parents there (if the worst came to the worst I’d keep an eye on him if I’m there).

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe – depends how far away the other school is. My ex next door neighbour is a TA at a different school and still drops her son off in the morning before rushing off to her job – at least round here TAs don’t seem to start until 9, and you can drop kids off from 8:45. In theory she’s probably supposed to be there to pick up when school kicks out, but it doesn’t seem to cause any issues that she only turns up a bit later – he’s old enough to hang around in the playground with the other kids who have parents there (if the worst came to the worst I’d keep an eye on him if I’m there).

molgrips
    Free Member

uber/taxi driver?

We’d have to keep the car clean; that seems to be utterly out of the question if past experience is anything to go by…

thomthumb
    Free Member

i used to work with a bloke whose wife worked from home, soldering.

A box would arrive and she’d solder them and return them. being paid by the box. you had the option to have a few boxes if you knew you were going to do a proper day at it; which she mostly did.

She treated it as full time but i got the impression that not everyone did.

smatkins1
    Free Member

competitionist?

I had a friend who’s mum called herself one of these. She enteres lots and lots of online, newspaper, TV, magazine competitions etc. in her spare time then sell off the winnings. She has won a few decent things like holidays and game consoles apparently. Now I think about it in hindsight she was probably just a gambling addict!

maccruiskeen

There are a few work-from-home telephone support / research / interviewer jobs that can be quite flexible. Some with inbound calls – i.e. a customer phones a support number and call is routed to home-workers, some are outbound- making calls out to do surveys etc

RichPenny
    Free Member

Contortionist?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Is she trained in anything? E.g book keeping, dull but lots of odd work out there she could do from home. Tailoring? Loads of little alterations and repairs to be done. Is she mechanically good? Take on a few small engine repairs.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Teacher. 😀

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Secret shopper.
    Get with someone who’s decent, like Helion, and away you go.

djglover
    Free Member

My sister in law works in a school nursery as a teaching assistant or nursery nurse, forget which. becasue its not a private nursery there is no termtime working

cookeaa

I am sure we can come up with some more creative ideas:

Contract killer
    Private Investigator
    Day Trader
    “Blogger” (apparently it counts as a job now)…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Professional Contortionist?

jimdubleyou

“Blogger” (apparently it counts as a job now)…

Vlogging is where the big money is at these days.

mark90
    Free Member

Should that a V or an F?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Does sound like a working from home job would suit – home services, telesales, general admin stuff? Or supermarket secret shoppers – just turn up randomly so might suit?

thomthumb
    Free Member

guy i went to school with is a professional online poker player….

greentricky
    Free Member

Matched betting…

footflaps

Could you teach her to run a bot-net? Good rates for blackmailing banks etc with large scale DoS attacks.

andyl
    Free Member

Got a webcam and a decent upload speed on your broadband? 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Rubber plantation?

matt_outandabout

We just employed a part time admin – flexible to school hours and with school holidays off. We were inundated with quality applicants.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Highly flexible jobs’ is closed to new replies.