Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • High capacity rechargable AA batteries….
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Need some new ones – a quick trawl of Ebay comes up with loads of branded options at around 2500mAh…… and a load of brands I’ve never heard of and/or struggle to pronounce at 3000+ mAh, which is the more the capacity I was looking for, all of which appear to be ‘a bargain’.

Anyone care to recommend some decent high capacity (3000+ mAh) AA’s?

benslow
    Free Member

+1 for above 7 day shop batteries.

Very noticeable difference.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks Drac – that’s really good value and a +1 to boot! 😉

Cougar

There’s two kinds of rechargeable AA batteries. There’s Sanyo Eneloops, and there’s everything else. They do a high capacity variant here (or the regular ones which are considerably cheaper).

Those 7DS batteries look to good to be true, which makes me sceptical. It’d be interesting to compare the two.

mark90
    Free Member

I got some 7DS AAA 1100mAh for my DECT phones. Really inpressed. Can do a few hours of conference calls and still not show any drop in battery level. Frequently on charge so no real need for the Eneloop type of battery which main benefit IMO is the charge retention period.

patriotpro
    Free Member

WARNING about 7-day shop own brand ones: The2900’s I have swell during use to the point where I stuggle to get them out of devices, bike lights, xbox pads etc…For that reason I can’t recommend them.

Lidl ones when they have them are fantastic and £2.99 for 4.

stumpy01

There’s loads of Eneloop style batteries available now; Panasonic & Duracell do their own versions.

FWIW, I was told ages ago that the higher capacity rechargeable batteries tend to discharge quicker thank lower capacity ones. Obviously doesn’t matter in something like a domestic cordless phone, but could be a pain in other stuff.
    Not sure how true this actually is, but I did find that some high capacity batteries that I bought held there charge for very little time, which I think is how the conversation came up.

GeForceJunky

I’ve been using 16x 7dayshop 2900 plus 12x 2800 in camera flashes for the past 2 years. They have been working brilliantly, still hold plenty of charges after a fair bit of use.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Charge retention shouldn’t be an issue, though point noted – I primarily want them for some secondary lights over the winter, so it should be a case of: charge overhight > in light till flat (a couple of days) > back to charger > repeat.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have tried loads of batteries and Sanyo Enloops are the best by far.

tonyd

Kids toys are full of Ansmann batteries and they seem to last ages between charges. Have a couple of AAA in an old cat eye rear also and they do well.

druidh
    Free Member

7dayshop and Ansmann are what I’ve used in the past and never had any issues. I usually have a set of Eneloops kicking around as “backup” as they hold their charge much longer.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I always use the Vapextech ones. Never really tested them against others though. See http://www.vapextech.co.uk/

nbt

I’ve been using vapextech for years. The batteries are now at the state of not holding charge, and the charger died last week (snapped off one of the pins) so am now in the market for a replacement, cheers for the info on here

BigJohn

I use the enelong ones from Strikalite and they do what I need.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘High capacity rechargable AA batteries….’ is closed to new replies.