Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Heres a bloody conundrum – Dying ex content
  • plumber
    Free Member

Just been contacted by a girl who I used to see in my 20s

She was a real shit back then and I was really glad to be shut of her

Anyhoo – she has contacted me via faceache and told me she is dying iminently and wants to ‘right some wrongs’ with me and going as far as calling me her soulmate.

so as far as I’m concerned I have no issues over stuff that happened way back then, however, if it would help her find some peace then I’m happy enough to listen.

I really don’t want to be dragged into what can only be a sad state of affairs though

Advice, bitching, derision and comedy responses welcome

Plum

tiggs121
    Free Member

Can’t do much harm to have a chat – you can always walk away.

cinnamon_girl

Run.

Drac

Wish her the best of health, block her from seeing your status.

jj55

Go & listen

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

How many years ago?

bassspine
    Free Member

I’m with Drac.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Two questions:

1. Are you desperate for some?
    2. Are you psychologically stable/sufficiently heartless enough to deal with the fallout of nobbing her and leaving her to die?

If the answer to both of the above is ‘yes’ then go for it.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d steer well clear, her motives may not be what they seem.

plumber
    Free Member

Say 15 years ago or so

Cougar

Tell her to email you.

plumber
    Free Member

Actually I remembered I’m 45 so thats 20 years ago – ****, time flies 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Listen to the Auntie!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

run…

Or – Let her know you’ve moved on and feel no bad feelings about her but beware being sucked in. I get to deal with a lot of dying people, they don’t necessarily become nicer less manipulative people.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just tell her your new partner isn’t keen on the idea and you aren’t prepared to risk upsetting her.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

sounds odd, i’m noot sure I’d want to hear it to be honest.

wish her the best, let her know you’re not bitter, but not up for dragging up old ghosts. Then ignore

wrightyson
    Free Member

What wrongs does she want to right and how?? Seems odd! Oh and if you’re in a relaationship now it may raise a few “issues” no?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thats too long ago

Tell her you have no problems with anything that happened back then but that you are sorry to hear of her problems now

lowey

Run a mile. Just delete her from FB.

Cougar

I get to deal with a lot of dying people, they don’t necessarily become nicer less manipulative people.

… assuming she’s actually dying.

All other things aside, if someone I hadn’t seen in 20 years (and didn’t particularly like back when I did) messaged me out of the blue going, “I’m dying, you’re my soulmate, I really need to see you” I’d be giving serious consideration to running very fast in the opposite direction.

She’s had 19 non-dying years to get in touch, so it’s obviously been at the forefront of her mind.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Psycho Hose Beast – Run Fast Now.

plumber
    Free Member

I really have no idea what she would want to talk about other than her being a knob years ago. I have no issues with that now just wanted to get a feeling of how people would handle this kind of thing.

Gut feeling is to ignore the whole thing 😕

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus in which direction? 😉

smell_it
    Free Member

If she’s fit, and your available, what is there to lose? The worst she could do is haunt you.

ton

if you go to see her, you will wake up with a very nasty scar and a kidney missing…….. 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

Run*

*unless she’s rich and hasn’t written a will.

plumber
    Free Member

James G – FTW – thank you

Shes not a facebook friend as I have declined twice in the last year – it seems you are able to send a message to someone without being a friend though

falkirk-mark

Maybe she will introduce you to your kid.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is she dying of AIDS and wants you to die too?

Onzadog
    Free Member

+1 on the running option. I knew an ex who made a miraculous recovery from cancer when her 6 months to live were up.

plumber
    Free Member

She couldn’t have kids then, part of her problem I suspect

Aids however is a possibility 😈

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

What’s FTW Plum?

plumber
    Free Member

For the win – eg – I’m going to use your idea as it seems the right thing to do

Thank you

Mintman
    Free Member

If your joint history is as poor as you say but she still wants to get in touch and right the wrongs with her soulmate; she sounds like she might be a scared woman trying to fix her mistakes from all those years ago.

Frankly I think hiding is weak and perhaps the least you could do is hear the wishes of a dying woman. It’s not going to cost you anything but might mean the world to her.

Xylene
    Free Member

If she has an interesting disease that makes her shake a lot it could be fun

RustySpanner

Go and see her.
    Listen to what she has to say.

You might not care about her now, but you obviously did once – she’s dying, it’s the least you can do.

Woody
    Free Member

I’m with the runners – as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

No good can possibly come out of it, especially if you have a partner.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lord knows what I was on about earlier…

What I meant to say was…

Pee in her backdoor through some bombers!

Kunstler

Thank god for that Mintman – I was beginning to doubt myself. I agree with all you’ve said there.

I would go and listen. It may be confessional or apologetic or it might desperate and manipulative but you won’t know if you don’t go. Sometimes people don’t realise how much being a shit affects the lives of others til a lot of time and reflection has passed. Recently people have confessed things to me that they have held within them for a long time. Doesn’t necessarily clear anything though.

Cougar

Incidentally,

Do you have any mutual friends who can corroborate her story? Does her profile page back it up, even?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Heres a bloody conundrum – Dying ex content’ is closed to new replies.