Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anywhere without snow/ice?
  • Bernaard
    Free Member

Booked Friday off ages ago with the intention of heading for a couple of laps at Llandegla.
    However it looks like there is the likelehood it will be closed.

I am also heading to Cannock Saturday morning to do some of the north side, so don’t realy want to go there 2 days in a row.

So what are the conditions like at say, Coed-y-brenin or the Marin?

Have heard Penmachno is icing, as if I turn up on crutches again, my boss with throw a fit. So that is out.

So is there anywhere within a couple of hrs drive from north Warwickshire that isn’t full of snow?

Ta

rOcKeTdOg

trail centre or natural?

Bernaard
    Free Member

Either. Pref trail centre as dont really want to think about it too much

lucien

Come to me (New Forest) no snow and uninspiring riding – flat and sandy if you are interested

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Purbecks?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Not much snow and ice to worry about on the Mendips, and the trails should still be nice and hard at the weekend. Looking forward to it already 🙂

Edit: met office weather forecast not so good for Saturday 🙁

jedi

herts shore is buff 🙂

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Afan has had a light sprinkling of snow, but the trails are in perfect condition after being “ridden in” by some hardy locals.
    Don’t know if the journey down will be easy enough to make it worthwhile though, some heavy snow and -18 overnight temps on the Brecon Beacon mountain range. M5 M50 A465 should be ok, and from Neath & Port Talbot it’s fine into the Afan Valley.

Bernaard
    Free Member

looks like I’m gonna save the day and go into work.

Thanks anyways

donks
    Free Member

Sweet jesus i just looked up Herts shore and saw a vid of Jedi riding…looks flippin mental.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

No snow in berkshire could ride at swinley if you wanted bit of a drive mind.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Purbecks are clear, i can see them out the window. Didn’t even have a frost here this morning. A few little snow flurrys yesterday, but nowhere near enough to settle.

takisawa2

Dont know what the Chase is like, but there’s not much in Lichfield.

jedi

donks – Member

Sweet jesus i just looked up Herts shore and saw a vid of Jedi riding…looks flippin mental.

🙂 🙂 it’s all just singletrack

foxyrider
    Free Member

Come to South Devon – WE GOT NOWT! Well unless you go up on the Moor 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I can report there is no snow or ice here…..

…in India.

ononeorange

None in Central London – and plenty of Boris Bikes, too!

Bernaard
    Free Member

Swinley is an option. Been guided there twice, but always thought I would get lost on me tod.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

scu98rkr – Member
    No snow in berkshire could ride at swinley if you wanted bit of a drive mind.

errrrm….. have you checked the forecast… Bracknell Forest is under severe weather warning for tonight/tomorrow.

trail_rat
    Free Member

malabo 😀

scu98rkr
    Free Member

errrrm….. have you checked the forecast… Bracknell Forest is under severe weather warning for tonight/tomorrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/319?&search=bracknell&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

If it does snow it will be gone by weekend as its getting warmer. The small amount we had sunday night hardly settled at all and it was really cold then.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

although obviously if it does snow massively tonight/thursday I get to work from home so I win either way. 🙂

rob2
    Free Member

The woods behind the nationwide in Swindon? 🙂

nicko74

None in Toronto 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere without snow/ice?’ is closed to new replies.