Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help,I've killed my laptop !
  • thejesmonddingo

I’ve a laptop osing win 10 (upgraded from win7) Installed a usb dual band adaptor so I could access the %ghz band on the router.I have been having problems with a BSOD and bad spool header notification,and ran verifier,but it will not complete and I cannot get the computer to boot into win 10,my recovery usb is for win 7 and wont let me system restore,and I want to cry!! I’m haaving to type this on my daughters laptop. Has anyone got any ideas that don’t involve a new laptop ?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Make Linux USB boot stick.

You can load the OS up without using it and then recover any files you need.

Won’t fix your Windows though!

leffeboy

You can create a recovery USB from another computer

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10/how-to-create-a-recovery-drive-for-reinstalling/58df9c7d-84de-4652-9952-8bac34abc6c5

Make sure you unplug your USB dual band adapter but I’m sure you’ve already done that

thejesmonddingo

Thanks leffeboy,I’ve made a recovery disc from daughters computer,its recovering as we speak,I just hope they dont ask for the product key,coz its an upgrade,so I don’t know what it is !!

leffeboy

You shouldnt need one as long as the previous upgrade had been activated. I’ve never seen an upgrade not activated though so all should be ok

Good luck

thejesmonddingo

It was definitely activated,recovery 30% and counting,fingers crossed.

thejesmonddingo

Yay,back again,now all I need to do is remember how Icustomised it the first time round.

thejesmonddingo

No,I’ve got Win 8.1,update city.

leffeboy

How did you get 8.1? That’s very weird. The recovery usb was for 10

thejesmonddingo

I was wrong about the original OS,it was 8.1,however,I now have sparkly clean Windows 10,yay 😀

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

How?

thejesmonddingo

Used 8.1 recovery stick to restore 8.1,created 10 installation stick and installed it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help,I've killed my laptop !’ is closed to new replies.