Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help with new spd shoes.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

So the situation is, I’ve ridden my current sixsixone Attacks for 4 years now (Like my moneys worth!).

I’ve tried flats and although they’re alright from time to time I’m all about SPD’s!

So what next? Any recommendations for my typical trail center riding?

I absolutely love the look of the new Shimano SH M200’s but they’re out of my price range.

M162’s?
    XC50N
    OR
    AM45’s???

Anything else I’m missing for consideration?

wiggles
    Free Member

New 2FO coming soon from specialized looks good.

tacopowell
    Free Member

New 2FO coming soon from specialized looks good.

That they do but they also look rather holey, Not great for our wet climate?!

andypandy85
    Free Member

AM45’s are brilliant shoes, but I’ve heard nothing but praise for the Giro SPD shoes…

Superficial
    Free Member

I have come from Shimano MP66 stormtrooper boots and onto some ‘proper’ SPD shoes (Spesh BG Comp). Frankly, I can’t see why I bothered with the heavy, water-absorbent, flexible Shimano shoes for such a long time. The spesh shoes are better in every way (unless you count the stormtrooper look as a plus, I don’t particularly) – stiff, light, better fit, more hardwearing, better grip for walking in mud.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I heard the Shimano AM45’s were a massive improvement on the older MP66’s?

Can anyone clarify this? I read somewhere that AM45 were pretty water resistant?

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the XC50Ns. Despite the current weather, their waterproofness will come in handy when it’s floodmageddon time again.

mattmbk
    Free Member

I have or rather had the XC50N shoes, worked well but a year of off road commuting ruined them. The outer shell basically peeled off. Riding mate had the same happen to his. Probably ok if you don’t wear them twice everyday.

stevied
    Free Member

Mavic Alpine XL? I wanted something a bit tougher than normal xc shoes and these are perfect. Good stiff sole for pedalling, very comfy for walking and decent protection.

d45yth
    Free Member

Unless buying trainer-style Shimano shoes, don’t bother with any of their other ones – they drop to bits in no time!

I’ve just bought some of these, but not used them yet – heard good reports though. £47 from fleabay

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ovey69]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

If I was going for a more ‘traditional’ shoe, I’d probably have got these…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help with new spd shoes.’ is closed to new replies.