Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • help: which 150mm forks?
  • luckydog
    Free Member

sorry if this has been done before, but…taking collection of a heckler and need some bargain forks for it-seen sektors at cr for £200 and other versions knocking about at £250 or so. Can push to revelations from merlin but are they worth the extra money? Coil/air? u-turn/fixed/dual-position? Any advice apreciated…

thanks

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’d go for the best Sektor you can afford

kane10255
    Free Member

Seriously dude revs rlt ti, buttery smooth, handle anything you can throw at them. If you can stretch to them you won’t regret it.

james
    Free Member

I’ve some ’10 Rev Teams* (the blackbox one) which is the same as ’11/’12 RLT Ti damper wise. Now ’11/’12 RL and RLT models have dual flow rebound (half the blackbox bit) I’m not 100% sure I’d pay for the extra for RLT Ti tbh, especially some of the merlin deals I’ve seen

I limited myself by wanting the older U-turn travel as the 120 or 150mm dual position wouldn’t have worked as well with my frame.

*’10 SL/Race had the older/simpler rebound assembly which may be what all sectors have?

If you’re not really after the extra fine tuning of revealtions (+ve/-ve air, floodgate) and can’t really be bothered stumping out the extra for the dual flow rebound of a revelation RL or RLT, then get a sector, though I think I’ve read on here of people buying individual revelation internals for sectors, so maybe you might be able to buy the dual flow rebound or other parts if you want later on

I pretty much have set my current and my previous revelations at pretty the same +ve/-ve pressures (the solo air spring in a sector effectively does this for you) and I leave the floodgate so the locjout is at maximum locking out (ie what the lockout on a sector will do), really a revelation is wasted on me

duir
    Free Member

I have had 2 sets of Revelation RLT Ti’s run at 150mm. Personally wouldn’t bother with dual position as I never use it and more to go wrong. The only reason I sold my new set is because the old sets steerer was too short for my new frame. Both sets have been completely flawless and a fantastic fork. Very easy to setup, service and can take an absolute pounding. They weigh just over 3lbs which is silly light, that’s what I would go for.

luckydog
    Free Member

cheers for the responses-really helpful thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘help: which 150mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.