Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Help Rockshox 26 Lyrik Spring malarkey !
  • walowiz

so I bought a set of RS lyriks from a very nice chap here on STW and they are running a medium spring, which I need to replace as they are bottoming out, ideally with a Firm, or X Firm spring.

Have rung TF Tuned, no joy, looked on fleabay, same story, looked across the interweb, no joy.

I don’t have the funds to sell these, buy new ones etc. and I quite like the idea of having coil forks on the el Guapo.

So am hoping the STW massive can point me in the direction of anyone with springs, or anyone who knows of someone who has a spring they don’t need, or how to get all Blue Peter and make the right spring…

I had no idea – as have not been keeping up on the bleeding edge of fork design and redesign – that there would be no more stock of spares.

The downside of being on unfashionable 26″ I guess.

Anyway any help / info / p*ss taking greatly received

carlos
    Free Member

Can’t be of any help other than suggest (if you’ve not already done it) finding the part number in the archive section on the RS website and googling that.

You might find a European seller has one available

HTH
    Carlos

northernshaggy
    Free Member

Converted my 2010 duel position air to u-turn coil. Spring from 26bikes and the other parts from various amazon shops.

11.4310.717.000 u-turn travel adjuster Knob aluminum (Coil) Lever
    11.4015.098.000 Lyrik u-turn Spring (choose the right one based on your weight.
    11.4015.458.010 Lyrik Coil/u-turn top out assembly
    11.4015.205.000 Domain/Lyrik upper tube/Spring Sleeve

walowiz

Thanks have looked at 26bikes – and no x firm U turn spring, but have put an enquiry to them.

There’s got to be one somewhere 🙂

northernshaggy
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

^ I make that £30. Need to work out delivery but that’s pretty good. Anyone know if its legit?

northernshaggy
    Free Member

Pay via credit card or PayPal you should be covered if anything happens?

walowiz

only place I have found but are in Romania.

No paypal and I don’t have a credit card (by choice)

But looks ok – just need to translate the page as my Romanian is a bit rusty;) & hopefully borrow someone’s credit card

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’d keep an eye out for springs on Ebay – I’ve seen quite a few and the harder springs come up more often. NB, have you checked the colour of the spring and confirmed it definitely is Medium?

spring chart

VanHalen

when i was looking for a firm uturn TF tuned told me domain springs also fit. you need to swap the top cap off the uturn spring assy but essentially they are the same.

i got my stuff from poland.

harder springs are like rocking horse shit as the forks were massively undersprung from teh start.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Will go pull the spring and Che k colour in my lyrics.

Mine feel over sprung so I’d assume a firm or xtra firm.

If its a firm I’d be happy to trade. If it’s xtra firm I’ll probably better not as I’ll blow through a medium like nowt on earth. Back in 30 minutes

VanHalen

i`m 14st kitted up and on a firm.

medium was too soft.

goby

Jtech suspension did have 2 left last year, not sure if he still going though

hamishthecat
    Free Member

harder springs are like rocking horse shit as the forks were massively undersprung from teh start

Fair enough, I actually found the softer springs more difficult to find – although I see that there are few around now. I used a Soft spring at just over 11 stone. 14 stone on a Hard spring sounds about right to me rather than the fork being undersprung.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ok I can confirm I have a blue

walowiz

Ok I can confirm I have a blue

Blue is medium right ? Before I get my hopes up

nickjb
    Free Member

Let me know if you are interested in swapping it for a red one 😀

walowiz

Have rung jtech suspension – no stock for coil uturn lyrik 🙁

shifter
    Free Member

I’m about 13 stone ready to ride and dropped from a firm to a medium to a soft. Do you guys weigh yourself with the special bike weighing scales?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Blue is a medium.

Sorry

I’m also 13 stone and want a soft it seems.

nickjb
    Free Member

I thought blue was firm, red was medium

COIL – black (>91KG)
    COIL – blue (82-91KG)
    COIL – red (72-82KG)
    COIL – yellow (63-72KG)
    COIL – silver (<63KG)

carlos
    Free Member

if it’s any use I have a Red dotted u-turn Spring from a set of Revelations. Think they were 150/130, but not 100% sure.

Just off out but I’ll be back on later, or email is in profile

Carlos

walowiz
    trail_rat
    Free Member

If my blue is a firm then I’ll swap for a medium.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What age is your fork. That’s a 2016 manual. I was looking at manual that came with my forks as they are older. Red is medium and yellow is soft in my manual….

walowiz

My forks are 2011

walowiz

From here: https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/2011%20RockShox%20SPC_Rev%20B.pdf

Apologies,for the formatting.

15 11.4015.099.000
    15 11.4015.097.000
    15 11.4015.096.000
    15 11.4015.095.000
    15 11.4015.098.000

Lyrik u-turn Spring assy X-Soft Silver
    Lyrik u-turn Spring assy Soft Yellow
    Lyrik u-turn Spring assy Med Red (Standard)
    Lyrik u-turn Spring assy Firm Blue
    Lyrik u-turn Spring assy X-Firm Black

Theodlite
    Free Member

The firm spring is definitely blue, have got one here still in its delivery bag with the same product number from above.
    No longer required if you’re still looking for one.

iffoverload
    Free Member

http://www.suspensionlab.be/fr/

had some stuff on the shelves last time I enquired, was not in stock according to the site… worth an email.

walowiz

Theo d lite, you have mail

shifter
    Free Member

I bought my red from Bike 24 & they still have them in stock. They are 170 though – I bought the 170 spring assembly rod thing too to make mine 6% more gnarly.

moratlyssander
    Free Member

Hi, I am also looking for a spring for a Lyrik u-turn. I need a red/ medium. I have a spare black/ x-firm if anyone needs it.

iandavidson84
    Free Member

Would like to jump in on this thread, too.

Bought mine 2nd hand and it turns out I have a silver (x-soft) but need a red/blue spring!!!

Bloody nightmare trying to get hold of one so if anyone can help I’d be mucho gracias!

flyingmonkeycorps

I have a spring kicking around from my 2007ish U-Turn Lyriks but I’m not sure what weight it is – I *think* it’s a firm that I swapped for a medium, but it’s just kind of spring coloured. It does have some blue bits on the side.

iandavidson84
    Free Member

That’s the one, flyingmonkeycorpse! I’ll mail you now, if that’s OK.

retron
    Free Member

I have a soft yellow one, need to swap for red standard spring if anyone has one? It’s a 2009 u turn model

bigbrooks
    Free Member

I’m looking for the X-Firm U-turn Lyrik spring, 26″fork.
    Anyone got one hanging about?

davosaurusrex

Holland bike shop are good for this sort of thing, dunno if this is the right one though;

https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/sram/rockshox/rockshox-fork-part/rockshox-spring-set/rockshox-lyrik-spring-set-170mm-extra-hard-travel/

docgeoffyjones

I have a 26″ pike (426) u-turn X firm spring. Not sure if that would be of any use/would fit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Help Rockshox 26 Lyrik Spring malarkey !’ is closed to new replies.