Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help regarding DT Swiss hub bearings.
  • bear-uk
    Free Member

My rear bearings are shot, so I decided to rip the hub apart to find out what bearings are needed. Unfortunately Google has let me down. My wheelset is a Roval Transverse with the DT Swiss hubs.
    So far it is stripped down to the long tube and internal ratchet gear.
    Any of you gents know how to remove the tube and what the bearing numbers are?
    BBW I have tried twatting it with a set of Bombers but to now avail.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Sorry, got to go out for an hour. Any replies greatly appreciated.

glenncampbell

I'd e-mailed Madison directly at sales@madison.co.uk to ask for advice on an XR1 wheelset as they import them – they came back very quickly on that with a link to the DT Swiss website with specs and their own website for part numbers. That's your best bet I think!

sillyoldman

If it's the star ratchet type, then the axle will drift out the non drive bearing. To access the driveside you need a specific tool to remove the star ratchet ring.

The bearings are 6902's.

In all likelyhood, the DS bearing will be the roached one as it sees the most load in which case you need the star ratchet ring out before you can fix it…..

Due to their use of these hubs, most Trek or Spesh dealers should have the star ratchet ring removal tool.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. The star ratchet ring is still on the hub. Do you know if its screwed in or just needs to be pulled out.

househusband

As per sillyoldman; you do need a specific tool to unscrew the star ring before you can get to the last bearing – assuming the hub construction is similar to, say, the 440. I took it to a bike shop and they removed it for me; tried to bodge a tool and gave up!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help regarding DT Swiss hub bearings.’ is closed to new replies.