Viewing 35 posts - 441 through 475 (of 475 total)
  • Help needed! Getting out of the friend zone!
  • daveh
    Free Member

Then went to the red lion for dessert before going shopping for presents for my nice. Then we shared a crepe before I dropped her home.

I’m getting old so I’m not up on modern euphemisms but that sounds great, well done you.

Houns

Mmm a Rohypnog sounds goooood

Bunnyhop

We women have been known to say no and mean yes, however it’s usually around the age of 17, while tryiing to appear cool and playing silly love games.

Oooh get me an intelligent female 😉

Solo
    Free Member

Oooh get me an intelligent female

Well, you may be, but don’t expect too many around ere to notice.
    😉

Most are too busy trying not to trip over their own knuckles.

Coyote
    Free Member

irelanst – gold!

willard

*Grunt* Want female! Where female?

OP,

Don’t worry about it. You may still like her and all that, but there are a lot of other women out there that may well be better*. On Friday, sit yourself down with a bottle of something that will kill at least 5000 brain cells (I find own label Tequila does the job) and get hammered. When your hangover clears, you should associate her with the pain of recovering from a lot of cheap alcohol and realise you can do without her.

Seriously, we’ve all been there.

* better meaning nicer, prettier, funnier or just more available.

andyrm
    Free Member

Not been back to this one in a while.

Can anyone summarise? Has pasty in question been smashed? 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

wellwellwell – Member
    So I casually asked her if she thought that we could ever be more then friends. And she said no, and then she asked if I thought that and I said yes….. To which she replied that’s really sweet.

[snip]

It felt almost the closet we have been even though she said no….

You didn’t actually tell her how you felt. What you did was ask her first, ie “cold”. What was she ever going to say, except “no” in that scenario.

Obviously none of us get to write a script like in the movies where every line is perfect but you needed to lead with something like, “I think we could be more than friends, I have a special feeling for you and I’d very much like us to be more than friends”

wwaswas

That’s lovely jambalaya.

Is it dusty in here?

peterfile
    Free Member

I have a special feeling for you and I’d very much like us to be more than friends

Have you actually spoken to a girl since the 1930’s? 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

To be honest that looks pretty much like an East London warehouse to me. Silly hat. Daft tache. Could just have been last week with an instagram filter.

Moses

“Sweet” !! That **** word.
    Every time a woman has used it to me, it meant “No, I like you but my knickers are staying firmly in place.”

binners

Fair point! If she uses the word ‘sweet’ is one of the potential H bombs in a woman’s vocabulary. The damage is potentially limitless.

‘Ahhhhhhhh I think you’re really sweet’ actually translates as ‘you see that table over there? That’s about as sexually alluring as you. Possibly more so. Actually… its probably got a better chance of waking up with me tomorrow morning, than you. You’re a nice guy, I suppose. In a ‘my mum likes you’ type of way, but its never going to happen”

The only word/phrase in the female vocab that contains an even more destructive back story is one I’m sure strikes fear into all our very mortal souls. For when you hear it, you just know the potential implications are truly devastating. The carnage that stems from its mere utterance will echo down the days and weeks in front of you …..

No. I’m/it’s fine!

*shudders* 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

binners – Member
    ‘you see that table over there? That’s about as sexually alluring as you

In Victorian times, that would have meant the opposite.

How old are you again?

wellwellwell
    Free Member

Currently trying to decide if I walk out my job!

sparkyrhino

yeah **** the job, go and do a Gump and ride your bike coast to coast for 3years,2months,14days and 16hours. 😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

There is only one way this can end:

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m seeing less Gump, more this awesome feller. That way the OP can help people rather than just turn into an autistic yeti

Coyote
    Free Member

Currently trying to decide if I walk out my job!

Whoa! Slow down there. This needs another thread.

thepurist

Well if you’re quitting anyway you might as well start hitting on every female employee to ease the pain of Little Miss “Sweet”.

Solo
    Free Member

autistic yeti

Ah !, sweet memories.
    😉

fatmax

Can we keep the closed thread going here?
    Stick in wellwellwell, true love will blossom soon I’m sure!!

spacemonkey

Yep, can’t see why the new thread got closed.

scaredypants

back in before th

labsey
    Free Member

Spending time together, no sex. Either gay best friend or you got married and didn’t notice.

Edit – before the lock!

fatmax

Genuine good luck. I lusted after a pal at Uni for a year before we got together, and had a good year together before drifting apart and staying amicable.
    Plenty of warnings about getting hurt by the STW-ers, so take care…

toppers3933
    Free Member

I lusted after a girl when I was at college. She was beautiful and we got on famously but she didnt think of me as anything other than a friend. We stayed in touch for a long time. 15yrs or so. We met up again by chance at the end if 2007. We got married in 2008. Toppers jnr mkII arrives in march.

piemonster

cocked,locked and ready to rock

no wait, what going on?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just read on page 11 about OP’s knock back and I’m gutted I was really hoping for a happy ending 😥 it just ain’t Hollywood. Saying that OP could of put some romance into it and started wooing her slowly so she would of started to think differently about him. How’s he going to cope when she tells him of a new bloke and how wonderful the sex is, he should get some therapy ASAP IMO.

somafunk

Yep, can’t see why the new thread got closed.

It’s obvious ain’t it?…….a mod must have been turned down by a “long time female friend” in similar circumstances and the pain of rejection is still there, crushing his will to live and turning that pain into righteous anger as he wields the post closed button.

spacemonkey

a mod must have been turned down by a “long time female friend”

Could’ve been male … just saying, like … 😉

piemonster

long dark lonely winter nights change a man

spacemonkey

You do have company tonight don’t you piemonster? 😯

piemonster

kudos100
    Free Member

Viewing 35 posts - 441 through 475 (of 475 total)

The topic ‘Help needed! Getting out of the friend zone!’ is closed to new replies.