Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 475 total)
  • Help needed! Getting out of the friend zone!
  • hora
    Free Member

Yes theres a chance it could be a very uncomfortable angle/feel for your friend and destroy/distance the friendship however she might also say ‘wow/leftfield/never considered this but the answer is there/spoke to friends and I had a gem under my nose all along/lets give it a try’.

She might also see you as just a friend.

However if it was me there is noway I’d leave it/procrastinate any further.

I did this. Met a girl when I was 13, best friends. We even went to the same uni 300miles away- she had given me subtle hints (that I now know but couldn’t spot at the time) and I did nothing..

Idiot. The one that got away.

Live life with no regrets. Speak your mind.

karnali
    Free Member

100 miles is fine, just means you can still have your life and she can have hers as you can avoid instantly spending every living moment away from work together that some folk seem to do as soon as they get a new partner. Sure it will all work out.

Wozza
    Free Member

Just crack on with it. In person though… don’t do it over text** with the lads after an all day whisky festival followed by a beer festival or she won’t speak to you for a month.

In fact inspired by your post OP, i’d better sort that out today.

**”I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it. I want to be on you.”

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwBPlD7jlk[/video]

ransos
    Free Member

“but I would never risk a good friendship with a girl”

I did. We’ve been married 4 years and have a baby daughter.

Go for it fella!

hora
    Free Member

“but I would never risk a good friendship with a girl”

Isn’t this the ideal? i.e. YOU ACTUALLY GET ON WITH THE OTHER PERSON – so it’d make a great match?

Come on OP. Or should you go out with someone who you like screwing but can’t stand to be near so ride all the time?

McHamish
    Free Member

Idiot. The one that got away.

Live life with no regrets. Speak your mind.

Keep this quote from hora in your mind…

Your alternative is not say a thing, and then everytime you meet her you’re stomach will go funny and you’ll head home frustrated and jealous of her next boyfriend.

In years to come when you’re old and grey you’ll think to yourself how you’re glad you never did anything about the girl that got away.

You never know, you might meet someone who compares, but who wants to settle for second best?

karnali
    Free Member

have to agree with mc hamish, i new i could never settle with anyone else until i had at least tried with mrs k, and she felt the same strangly. it could have not worked but so far it is

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

As a result, men consistently overestimated the level of attraction felt by their female friends and women consistently underestimated the level of attraction felt by their male friends.

That is seriously depressing.

atlaz
    Free Member

Should we point you at your thread of disastrous dates? 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Well as somebody who has recently been in a situation very similar I think you should just go for it, it might work out and if not there’s probably no harm done to the friendship if it’s that good anyway. In my situation she says she’s not sure if she wants a relationship again yet but that doesn’t stop you from having fun together 😛

bwaarp
    Free Member

You never know, you might meet someone who compares, but who wants to settle for second best?

There’s hundreds of people out there that are perfect for you. I’ve been out with plenty of women who were right but at the wrong time and place.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwv2yHN1Yac[/video]

That is seriously depressing.

That’s why I always laugh when girls say “He’s just a sweet friend”.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you’re sexy, there’s no such thing as the friendzone… just the ‘women that want me but can’t have me zone’. are you sexy?

if you are sexy, go for it.

if not (if you’re about to answer ‘not’ then you need to work on your confidence as confidence is sexy) then date her friends and have them boast about your gigantic penis and expertise in bed until she wants you for herself.

every bloke i know stuck in a friendzone wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for low levels of confidence with wimmin… unfortunately the process of breaking that low confidence usually ends up with them being a bit of an idiot and becoming a man-whore for a while which often turns the women they were originally after off them.

woody74

Years and years back I was in a similar situation and went for it. She got a bit freaked out about the whole thing and started acting like a bitch. What I learnt was bloody hell I had a close shave as god knows what she would have been like in the future and secondly I should have got on with it years earlier to save all the hassle and wasted energy/emotion.

At the end of the day if she is a decent person / friend then it won’t have any effect on your friendship what ever her answer.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Why wait til next week? Phone her now 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

fortune favours the brave.

SST
    Free Member

After 13 years of her having other boyfriends you still want in?

I have nothing useful to say.

Solo
    Free Member

After 13 years of her having other boyfriends you still want in

The door of experience swings both ways 😉 Why can’t a woman have experience ?, when it will help her find the Man she wants ?.

hmanchester
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

hora
    Free Member

Hurry up OP!..

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=1222565&nmt=RE%3A+Clocking+loophole+closing

piemonster

I think he should wait, organise a get together then post live updates on proceedings…. err… not all proceedings if things go well

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You could start my asking if you could be **** buddies and depending on her response progress (or not) from there). 😆

Cougar

Whyever not?

The hell with virgins, bring me a slut.

Northwind

“How bad an idea would it be if I was to kiss you just now? Because I’ve wanted to for ages, but I really don’t want to mess up our friendship, so I thought I should check first…”

I’ve used this line 3 times- twice it would have messed up our friendship, the other time i didn’t get to finish it before we were taking each other’s clothes off 😆 But I think you have to be a certain sort of awkward disaster to pull it off without it being cheesy.

philconsequence
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7YpoHSDAlo&feature=share&list=ALBTKoXRg38BApCZlcdeSWivvM8u-QjrGT[/video]

wellwellwell
    Free Member

After 13 years of her having other boyfriends you still want in?

Well seeing she was 12 when I met her she has had 4 long term boyfriends. Two of which she didn’t sleep with.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Well seeing she was 12 when I met her she has had 4 long term boyfriends.

Multiply that by 10 for the number of partners. 😀

Two of which she didn’t sleep with.

Were any of those two recent, as in after she was 18? :mrgreen: If so, stay well clear.

wellwellwell
    Free Member

Lol, the first or the last didn’t get any. Though her current ex didn’t get any because he believed in no sex before marriage. Much to her frustration.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Though her current ex didn’t get any because he believed in no sex before marriage. Much to her frustration.

how long did she put up with that nonsense ?

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m 27, she is 25, I’ve been friends with her for 13 years. We are close, i.e. she tells me stuff that she doesn’t tell anybody else (but she doesn’t tell me everything).

In her head, you’re gay. Even if you’re not, you are.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

hora
    Free Member

Was she at uni?

20 she didnt tell you about.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Like a true stalker have you checked the trains aren’t running?

National Rail Journey Planner

druidh
    Free Member

You’re giving her another week.to find a new beau. How much will you kick yourself if you miss this chance?

wellwellwell
    Free Member

Hora, she in her 6th year of uni….. 2 left.

Druidh, I know, this is running through my mind…. But I want to do it in person, and she doesn’t know the urgency that I need to talk to her…..

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Druidh, I know, this is running through my mind…. But I want to do it in person, and she doesn’t know the urgency that I need to talk to her…..

surely if she only has had four ‘bfs’ in all that time, a week aint going to matter …. i’d be more concerned about the lack of …..experience….

Chew
    Free Member

Just tell her how you feel.

Best to have had the chance to see if she feels the same, rather than spending the rest of your life wondering ‘what if’.

It might ruin your friendship, or it could be the best thing you ever did, but if you dont ask you’ll never know 😀

davidjones15
    Free Member

Surely if you’re good friends you can talk about it like adults, no?

funkrodent

All you’ve got to say is “you do realise this is the first time I’ve been out with you and we’ve both been single” and then let her take it from there

+1

That and make her laugh. Just so long as she’s laughing with you and not at you of course. All else fails, man up and tell her how you feel. Bit of sincere flattery can go a long way. At the end of the day, now is your chance. The only regrets in life you’ll end up worrying about are the ones where you regret not taking the chance. Better to know either way. I had a similar-ish situ where I fell in love with a girl who I had seen briefly and had dumped me some years previously for being a ****t, but we had since become good mates. It was really cutting me up. Finally confessed all. She wasn’t interested, but as soon as she told me the angst was over and I could move on with my life.

Finally, I think it was Rudolph Valentino who, when asked how he had managed to sleep with so many women, replied “I just asked them”. Be bold, be brave and hopefully you’ll be bedded…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Two schools of thought

1. Dinner – it’s like a job interview, you’ve just put a table and a task between you to start with. A good date has hand holding or hugging especially in this instance. The restaurant has “messed up you booking”, you need to come up with something more creative, a short walk away on a brisk moonlit night.

2. Suggest a threesome, then back it off a notch.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 475 total)

The topic ‘Help needed! Getting out of the friend zone!’ is closed to new replies.