Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help me fix my old Stunt Jumper
  • bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

So, I’ve aquired an old stunt jumper like this(probs 06)

Unfotunately there is loads of play in the pivots, mainly between the seat stay and chain stay. I’ve had had full susser so I’m pretty ignorant of how to fix this. Any thoughts?

Also, should I run it with 140 shocks and a 50mm stem 710 bars? It seems to handle ok, but I’m guessing it would have come with a 70mm and narrower bars.

jonba
    Free Member

google bearing replacement. You’ll probably need to do the bearings and the shock eyelet bushings. Will have it running fine if it is not damaged.

140 forks for that one I think. Whatever bar and stem combo you like. I’ve got an 09 and it came with 680 bars and 70mm stem but now has wider bars. No rules on that just do what you like.

lucien

Stunt? You mean stump dunt you?

Speshpaul

one word – stumpjumper.
    the bearings and bolt kits are all still in stock with spesh uk.
    when yopu 140mm shock do you mean 140mm forks?
    if so either run lots of sag or go for 120mm.

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Oh yeah. Stump! Sorry I’m a steel hardtail rider. This is all new.

Thanks for the advice. yes I meant 140 forks. Fox floats. I could fit the 120 reducing spacer back in but it’s a ball ache.

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Is this what I’m after?

orangeboy
    Free Member

If yours is a 06 then that Should be the one ,
    If your unsure of the age just take the bike to a Spesh dealer and they may well have the kit on the shelf

Fitting it can be , a little frustrating
    Expanding raw bolts are your friend

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

I’m wondering if a slackset would give this frame a bit more stability on the downhills. Would this give it too much raise given the stack height and the, already too long, 140mm forks?

stumpy01

Don’t think you can fit a slackset onto a bike with a 1 1/8″ headtube which I think that Stumpjumper will have.

Even if could, fitting a longer fork as well as slackening the head angle would make it handle horribly I reckon.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Try it as it is first

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help me fix my old Stunt Jumper’ is closed to new replies.