Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me find a frame n+1 content
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

I feel the need for n+1. First world problem I know but hear me out if you will.

I have a mate who is dragging me out bikepacking, multi day trips on the MTB, offroad touring. Call it what ever you like. No intention of camping or bivvies. Pubs/B&B/hotel all the way for us.

Now the issue is that none of the bikes in the shed are looking suitable. What I want is a 29er hard tail that will happily run with some rigid forks and not cost the earth. I am thinking something along the lines of an Inbred 29er with Deore bits but not from On One.

Would like steel if possible but would be happy with carbon. Frame only or bike.

What can you think of?

tuboflard

Very much depends on budget and if you want to go new or second hand. Something like a Genesis Longitude springs to mind as a frame only option. Gives you the choice to go plus too if you want.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Why not the Inbred 29er? Could be easier to suggest alternatives if you can say what you aren’t looking for.

Thought about a fattie?

Voodoo Bazinga was the nicest 29er I’ve ridden recently.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I am thinking that second hand is not really an option for me in Aus. Second hand values here are crazy.

On one? Like the prices not so enamoured of the postage costs.

tuboflard

I’d have also suggested a Singular Swift but shipping costs to Aus will be pretty high too I suspect.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Another option might be an Aliexpress carbon frame but I am not really that good with comparing geometry charts.

tuboflard

What’s your top end budget for frame only? Personally I’d not go near a frame from a site like aliexpress though I’m sure there are bargains to be had, I suspect any issues or warranty claims would be a complete PITA.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Bearing in mind that this is to be an occasional use thing as little as possible really. What do I need:

Some nice low gearing, bearing in mind budget I am thinking 2×10. Got most of that already.

What I don’t need. Any cross over with a 140 trail bike or carbon gravel bike.

Something that will take 2.2 ish tyres. No need for bouncy forks but could live with them if a full bike came with them.

scotroutes

Don’t rule out aluminium frames for this. Have a look at the Pinnacle Ramin.

Otherwise, 2nd hand El Mariachi?

binno
    Free Member

Kona Unit with gears?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Definitely consider aluminium,as said, just for the weight difference.

Latest Boardmans and Cubes in the sales are very good value IMO. Sub £700 for a Boardman Pro is possible.

I run a rigid Cube Reaction 29er (sub 9kg) and Mrs Gasket runs a rigid Boardman Pro at 10.2kg. Both 1×11, rigid carbon fork, ThunderBurts etc. Ace bikes.

fasthaggis

Now the issue is that none of the bikes in the shed are looking suitable

What bikes are they?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a frame n+1 content’ is closed to new replies.