Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • help me decide on which Ghost to get!
  • kit1
    Free Member

Ok so have £2k to spend on a Ghost bike and have boiled it down to these, not a huge amount of reviews out there on Ghost so advice would be great as have been out of the biking world for a while. Use would be mainly trail centres (nothing hardcore mind), xc and the odd country lane.

Ghost Rt Lector 7700, light, part carbon, and within budget but only 100mm travel and mad colour!:
    http://www.ghost-bikes.com/za/bikes-2012/bike-details/rt-lector-7700/

Ghost amr 7500, a heavier alu bike than above but more travel and got 10/10 in mbr mag:

http://www.ghost-bikes.com/za/bikes-2012/bike-details/amr-7500/

or Ghost amr 9000, over budget by about £400 but has been reduced in the sales and is full carbon:

http://www.ghost-bikes.com/za/bikes-2012/bike-details/amr-lector-9000/

i want to get something decent and light and which will last, but having been out of it a while i’d like some pointers on the above as to which would be the best for me?

Many thanks for any advice!

coogan
    Free Member

If anything make a choice between the last two. That first one has just about the worst paint job I’ve seen!

russ295
    Free Member

Spooky! I’ve just ordered an amr 7500 in grey. Wait till the weekend and I’ll tell ya.

kit1
    Free Member

ha ha thanks, yeah the paint job on the first could induce a headache if looked at for too long! thanks russ look forward to hearing about the 7500! where did you order from?

russ295
    Free Member

Just mountain bikes £1599. Hope I like it but as its got £700 off I should!

kit1
    Free Member

Cool, looks like a great bike to me!

Northwind

Get the one with the most acronyms

mboy
    Free Member

The AMR with 120mm of travel is about one of the best all round bikes on the market. Great reviews, beats the big boys (Trek, Specialized) at their own game…

You can also find them at bargain prices right now if you shop about, there’s still some stock of 2012 machines about they want to clear before the 2013 bikes are released to market.

Bullet

I bought the AMR 9000 Lector a couple of months ago – absolutely love it. Super fast, tight handling (really stiff front end) soaks up everything just like my Hustler did (does) but 5lb lighter. Elixir brakes are a let down, plenty of power but squeally, grabby horrible things so I’m swopping my new XT Trails off the Hustler since that is now a winter slog bike.

Get one!

kit1
    Free Member

assume you mean the amr 7500? Do they tend to reduce prices much more as we go into the end of the year or is now as about as good as it gets? Thanks!

russ295
    Free Member

I hope so mboy!
    The shop I ordered it from (they ordered from distrubutor) said they were
    getting low on stock. Had no green left in 44cm, I wanted the grey anyway
    so it all good.

andyruss
    Free Member

Jasper. ….seems like a friendly ghost.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

My LBS Psyclewerx is selling off one of the member of staffs AMR 9500 with full XTR for £2000.

Just sayin.

mikefrench
    Free Member

I have the AMR 7500 2012 in grey and whilst it can’t really be meaningfully compared to the vintage full-suss it replaced I can’t really fault it.

All the reviews were positive, great price for the spec, and for me an LBS to try one out as well just to make sure.

kit1
    Free Member

Thanks Mike, do you find it ok weight wise?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘help me decide on which Ghost to get!’ is closed to new replies.