Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KS Remote Kit – any good?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

are the ks remote kit upgrades any good? obviously its not going to be as swish/slick/smooth as a reverb but does it work relatively ok? doesnt get stuck or seize etc?

is it worth 40quid or shall i just stick with the lever?

tomfun

Does anyone know if you can use it with an X fuusion HiLo?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

no body has a ks remote then? 🙁

Northwind

KS remote is spot on, ever so slightly harder to activate than the Reverb one, but smaller and neater. Mine did gum up a little but it was easy to clean (it took about a year and a half to get to that point).

Ah, but maybe worth mentioning that the original cable supplied seemed to be rotten. Replaced it with a nice Shimano one, all good.

TBH I’d choose KS’s cable actuation over Rockshox’ hydro. It’s not as clever or as smooth but simple is good, and you can get the bits to fix it from any bike shop in the world if it goes wrong.

trusty

No problems with my KS remote. It got a bit sticky but I changed the cable in about 10 minutes. I’ve ridden one without the remote, and found I didn’t use it as much as I didn’t want to take my hands off the bars! I’ve also watched a mate have a comedy crash through trying to drop a post using a saddle mounted lever. Most amusing (for me). Bizarely he’s testing the new KS in Dirt this month…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh cheers folks! good to hear some positive, infact northwind that sounds amazingly positive!

hmmm im swaying towards getting one then, easy to fit? heard they come with no instructions?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Intuitive to fit.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m quite happy with the remote that came with my KS Lev. From what I’ve seen, the bar mounted remote lever is identical whether you get the new Lev, one of their other seatposts, or a remote retrofit kit.

I can’t comment on how well the remote lever works when retrofitting another KS post or how easy it is to install since I have the Lev.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KS Remote Kit – any good?’ is closed to new replies.