Help me choose a new fork for my 5 Spot please

Home Forum Bike Forum Help me choose a new fork for my 5 Spot please

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me choose a new fork for my 5 Spot please
  • Rock Shox Pikes or Sektors are cheap and work well.

If you like the coil fork I’d stick to a coil fork.

What about the new vanillas? You should be able to get the 2011 model in the sale.

You might already know this! but the newer forks have a 15mm axle, so presume you’ve got qr.

Premier Icon Stablebarns

I have a Horst link 5 spot from back in the day, blud ya get me? It is a lovely bike and I love it. As i’ve got more confident of launching myself off stuff, I have begun to question the limitations of my standard 130mm vanillas… also from about 6 years ago.

I am keen (if the jedi council of STW agree) to put 140mm up front and was wondering how to make this decision? I have only ever used these vanillas or substantially less travel, so I’ve no idea on the pros and cons of the different brandsetc. I do know that i love the simplicity of the vanillas, and am not keen on giving myself a million buttons and dials to ultimately get into the wrong configuration.

Any thoughts much appreciated (including offers of sale of recommended kit).

Premier Icon Stablebarns

Ah ha… the quick release issue! Yes I have a standard QR. Do you reckon the larger ones make a worthwhile difference?

Is this a big expense? Do you have to buy a new wheel?

I used to run 2004 Z1 Freerides on my HL Spot – they were wonderful, get a pair of them.

Sorry, that’s not exactly updating it though, is it?

You can buy Rock Shox Sketors with a QR axle. You may be able to convert your hub to 15/20mm though. What is it?

i’ve a set of Fox Vanilla 140mm RCL for sale if your interested drop me a line. They’re very good condition, unmarked uppers, qr, long steerer, post mount etc. I used them on my 5 spot and loved the coil feel (much better than the current pikes)

tops 5

140mm Floats worked great on my 5 spot

Premier Icon lowey

I ran 140mm vanillas on my 2004 HL 5 spot, they worked very well with the bike, very well indeed.

Dang I miss that bike so much 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a new fork for my 5 Spot please’ is closed to new replies.