Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help me buy a new bike please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Moon on the stick would be nice.
    2k ish to spend. Unused, but I’m not bothered if its two years old, reduced in the sale or whatever, doesn’t need to be latest kit etc.
    All I want is something possibly 150 travel, good forks, (first thing I changed on my now 4 yr old spesh) triple double or single doesn’t matter, that’s going to be used for a mixture of local stuff, tech climbs, rocky descents, the odd trail centre perhaps three or four a year and the odd uplift once maybe twice a year.
    I’ve looked any the cannondale jekkyl which is about 3k down to 2 but the complication of the shock and something someone told me about a one off headset yesterday has put me off.
    Any ideas.

stumpy01
    akira

Zesty 314 2013 model can be picked up for about two grand at the moment, new stuff then I’d look at the Norco Range or maybe Kona Process 134 if you want something a bit different.

akira

Ah….ignore this.

hainman
    Free Member
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Not at all bothered about new. Just want (like everyone else) to get plenty of bike for my spend. The spesh I’ve got now has served me well but has had plenty of upgrades as the standard kit wasn’t up to a fat lad giving it some grief!

stumpy01

If you need something a bit more sturdy, how about a Nukeproof Mega?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-mega-tr-rockshox-monarch-rt3-2013/rp-prod87480?_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Nukeproof+-+Mountain+Bikes|cn:Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:337483UK_Nukeproof+Mega+TR++-+RockShox+Monarch+RT3+2013&gclid=COHewtfZ9boCFYsBwwodzU8AMQ

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Canyon prices seemed pretty reasonable to me.

gonzy
    Free Member

wasn’t up to a fat lad giving it some grief!

how about this then…
    http://www.freeborn.co.uk/specialized-enduro-evo-2013?gclid=CPXYgIvd9boCFfSWtAodNUoAuA

jedimaster
    Free Member

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3263

X01 gears , can’t get better spec for the price really

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I sent you a mail this morning any good?
    Thanks
    Richard

seavers
    Free Member

Commencal Meta AM2 Suspension Bike 2013 on CRC and Fishface also have some nice bikes on sale around the same price. I also saw a Nukeproof Mega TR for around 2K on CRC. looks lovely! Right now you can get some great deals on the kind of bike you are after. Be quick tho.

sazter

If you don’t mind a 650b…

YT Wicked

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks for the input folks. Helped broaden my search. Also thanks rich for the email, wasn’t really thinking of buying private as I’d like a bit of warranty etc that comes with a shop purchase.

charliedontsurf

Does this miss the brief on every level?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help me buy a new bike please.’ is closed to new replies.