Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help! Fitting Hope 6 Pot to Marzocchi 66's – not working!!
  • sunkistbob
    Free Member

Hi All

I am trying to fit a Hope 6 pot brake to Marzocchie 66 forks and really struggling and am appealing to the Forum Boffins for salvation!

The Marzocchi’s are post mount and the Hopes are IS.

I have an IS to post adaptor but am wondering if they are for a smaller Hope brake – would the 6 Pot’s require a different adaptor to the Hope 4’s which I think I orginally had the adaptor for?

Sadly, I must have 1 tonne of Shimano adaptors for the Godson’s Shimano brakes but do you think I can find a bloody Hope one in there?? 🙄

Any help gratefully appreciated!

regards

Ben

Mowgli
    Free Member

What letter is written on the adapter, and what size rotor are you using?

coatesy
    Free Member

Didn’t 6 pots have their own dedicated mounting system? I’d suggest calling Hope tomorrow (01282851200).

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The M6 Ti (not Moto) was not PM. I understand that Hope can supply an adaptor for a M6 Ti caliper to a PM fork, but you’ll need to contact them directly (or through a Hope dealer) – you won’t find them in stores.

sunkistbob
    Free Member

Dont know how I keep getting myself into these situations of ending up with mismatched gear….what an oaf I am!

I will have a look at the mount tomorrow when it is light in the shed…..

And give Hope a call tomorrow!

Thanks chaps!

Ben

tandemwarriors

I have the same set-up on the tandem, Ti6’s on ‘zochhi 66’s. As suggested above they have a unique mount adaptor for various combinations of disc size & IS / post mount.

There’s one here:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Hope_Mono_6Ti_Bracket/5360020205/

It’s the Manitou one you want (as Manitou invented post mount). Don’t get the ‘Marzccohi’ one, I made that mistake, that’s specific to Junior T’s or something similar.
    The standard front mount is for a 203mm disc, you can’t go smaller.

Hope will be able to help, we had to get a new bracket from them to go up from 185 to 203 on the rear of the tandem.

Rob

tandemwarriors

Oh, and one thing to watch out for:
    might be because I’m using Big ‘uns which use a 5 bolt disc, but there was no clearance between the disc bolt heads and the inside of the fork leg. I had to grind a few mm off the heads to get the wheel to turn without fouling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help! Fitting Hope 6 Pot to Marzocchi 66's – not working!!’ is closed to new replies.