Home Forums Bike Forum Helm MK2 feeling Harsh, leaking air?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Helm MK2 feeling Harsh, leaking air?
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve had my Cane creek helm mk2 air for about 2 years now and recently it’s starting behaving a bit strangely. Seems to be a bit harsh but…if I cycle the fork a few times up and down with the air equaliser button pressed it works great again. For about 20 minutes, then seems to firm up again. I assume air is leaking between the positive and negative chambers but I can’t see any issues with any seals in the air side at all.

It’s due a service so I’m going to send it off but just curious if others have had similar experiences and if this is the shape of things to come with this fork?

Regards,

John

leegee

My mate had an issue with his being harsh he couldn’t sort. The rebound adjuster was loose and therefore couldn’t be adjusted, it’s common apparently.

Your symptoms sound similar & his was sorted by a service and he likes them now.

andeh

Mk 1 Helm, but I guess it’s not too different. I have found that mine gradually builds up pressure in the lowers, effectively increasing the spring rate. Poking a small cable tie past the (clean!) seals seems to help.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve been told about the zip tie trick and that ot may help. I’ll give that a go, although no good if you have to do it that frequently.

John

reluctantjumper

Are you tightening down the nut on the negative valve once you’ve adjusted it?  I didn’t once and it allowed the two chambers to equalise and making it harsh (I run the negative 2-3 psi higher than the positive, makes a massive difference).  If the nut is loose after it goes harsh but you did nip it tight (finger tight is fine) then that’s your issue.

Oh and mine really responds well to servicing, even a lower service helps.  Seeing as you’ve been 2 years without them it needs doing anyway.

dartdude
    Free Member

Service

dartdude
    Free Member

Socially saying service simples

chakaping

Good opportunity for a coil convesion?

I’m riding a mk1 Helm coil and would recommend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.