Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Hello again
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Hello all,

Possibly fleeting return? no promises though eh! 😉

figured I’d pop back in and maybe flog off a few of the bits that I stripped of my Subzero last year during its upgrading, most of the bits have had very little use, here’s a taster of what’s going to be on offer:

Fork:

07-08 OEM ‘zocchi Z.1 Sport RV (150mm coil, 20mm bolt thru) – about 4 months use then a full service by Windwave as the rebound adjust jammed so they replaced the internals, the rebound is the only “on the fly” adjustment, the top of each leg has an air valve, set the sag and adjust the rebound according to your preference, a cracking no nonsense fork (I upgraded to the 66’s) …dunno good condition and the steerer may even be uncut?

Wheelset:

Hubs Shimano Deore 475/KK20 (I think the front one is a ‘zocchi one, I’ll have a look over it later)
    Rims WTB Dual Duty FR WTB Dual Duty FR
    Tyres WTB Timberwolf 2.35 FR DNA (with tubes)

other bits:

Stem Truvativ Hussefelt (oversize, about 60mm L?)
    H Bars Truvativ Hussefelt (oversize risers)
    S Post Truvativ XR (scratched to buggery but sound)
    R Mech SRAM SX5 (used for about 6mths)
    Cassette SRAM (as/with above mech)

bits to follow:

Brakes Juicy 3’s F & R 185mm
    Tyres Michelin DH16 (one is 2.3 and one a 2.5) part worn and required colourful language to seat them last time!
    Tyres Maxis Ignitors 2.35’s part worn (not sure if I’m going to hang on to them though, that said I’m a bit of a tyre whore.

The reason most of this stuff has only seen light use yet not been up for sale is because I got the bike on the gov cycle to work thing and I hung on to all the bits until the bike was mine, oh and it only cost me space sat in the spare room. Now I’m after raising a few shillings for a Nikon D90 or such like (any DSLR considered tbh), any offers for swaps are always welcome, happy to do a deal on the lot if anyones so inclined? suggestions welcome!

oh and bollocks to this cold eh? whats a fella gotta do to get some decent weather around here?

oh, have I missed much? anything worth searching out?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

All hail the Mighty Nutt!

STW has missed your Nuttiness.

Fancy a grape?

MrNutt
    Free Member

are they washed? you shouldn’t eat unwashed grapes you know? oh and please tell me they aren’t product of Israel!?!

(Figured it best to play the Godwin’s Law card early)

Andy

Waves at Mr Nutt (and wonders how he can convince him to do the Passporte du Solielle…on his “remarkably well thought out bike”) 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Not Israeli- they’re from LiDL! Now, LiDL, being a German company, have very few, if any, Israeli products, I notice (Israel tends not to do a lot of trade with many German companies). And I choose not to buy Israeli products anyway.

Politics over, they are washed, yes. I always wash fruit. It’s just not Kosher, if you don’t you know?

Oy Vey….

Might have to ask you for a quid, though. Not cheap, grapes. And me, a poor man; I’d be robbing myself.

Andy

Oi Rudeboy! See you tomorrow, I see you got “rear ended” today but in a slightly different way than when we were on the way to Camberly tkmaxx 😯

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Andy, if you were to do the PduS, might you be travelling in a remarkably well thought out camper van? One with it’s own shower? And possibly a bent rear bumper following a minor shunt with an Oriental gentleman not far from TKMaxx near Sandhurst?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Heh! Beaten to it!

I’d better go to bed, I suppose!

(It was all a horrible mistake, I keep telling everyone!)

Andy

Er ahem yes that would be said van, still a bit bent around the rear…so to speak…but maybe about to be replaced anyhows.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you offer me Lidl grapes!! I come back from my time in the wilderness and all you offer is some Lidl grapes!! you could have had a collection, looked down the back of the sofa and then gone to Aldi surely? Oy Vey!!

Actually I was talking to my dear friend “the chef” the other day, and we got on to the fact that he drives an aging merc and that lead us to ponder that the majority of Jewish people we know all tend to drive only German cars!?!

now about the PduS, will it be gnarly gravity assisted loonacy or is it going to be mostly an orgy of uphill self flagellation? I’m all for the former the latter bring me out in hives!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Funny thing, that, with the cars. Lots of Jewish people won’t drive German cars, because of the connection with Nazi Germany, although many will drive Volvos. Volvo were producing weapons for the Nazis, during the German occupation of Sweden.

Some Jewish friends of mine own a VW, and have no problem with that. They see it as ‘moving on’.

You’re turning down my LiDLs grapes? And me, a poor man, with ten kids to feed? This gourd’s worth 12 shequels at least!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m off to bed, the thought of you and your grapes is giving me the fear!

ton

hello alex

Andy

Alex, PduS, purely gnarly gravity assisted loonacy, YGM fella!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Hi Ton, missed you m’dear!

what bike do you have at the mo? did you treat yourself with a jones, merlin or such beauty for christmas?

MrNutt
    Free Member

nice one Andy, shall check me mail, many others coming? would hiring a minibus be suicide? drive? fly? what tyres? what brake pads? bivvis or boutique hotels? oh so many questions!!

Andy

Alex – did you get the mail?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

many others coming?

Me, for a start. But don’t let that put you off!
    😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I did but I’ve not properly digested it yet, every time I look at it these big numbers flash up and that reminds me of all these wedding expenses that I’m trying to sort out!!

the Podmiester is going too? hmmm… if I was to tie a bungie to his seat post it’d be like having a personal uplift! 😀

Andy

No need as the whole day is lift assisted.

BTW If it wasn’t there would be a whole line of us being towed up those hills by the PP Trail God 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Gee, thanks!

(Is that a compliment or an insult? I’m not sure)

::Shuffles off muttering::

Should be fun, and with a bit of luck my new Pitch should turn up next week, so I’ll have the perfect bike for it.

General consensus so far is that at least 2 of us are camping
    🙂

Andy

Ahem – a compliment – if I was taking the p1ss I’d have asked if you have ever done the trans wales? 😆

Think all of us will be camping. Need to keep the cost down really.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Andy, did I tell you about the 4th day on the…….

😉

Andy

poor Alex – he only wanted to clear some stuff out – and there we go jumping on his thread!

Andy

Will send emails out next week about PdS

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

poor Alex – he only wanted to clear some stuff out – and there we go jumping on his thread!

And here’s me thinking this thread was in the chat forum, not the classifides….
    🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

confusion and misdirection, I actually intended this thread to be about brake pads but there’s still time 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Hello again’ is closed to new replies.